Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Creating spaces in image with text

New Here ,
May 18, 2017 May 18, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

I am using photoshop cc 2015 on windows. I have hundreds of images I am trying to edit in PS. Each of these images are photos of text from a book. Now what I am trying to do is create equal vertical gap or space between each line of text in the images.

Right now I am doing all this manually: by selecting each line with the rectangular marquee selection tool and using transformation to move each line up to create the vertical space between each line. Each image has 18 lines of text in it. I have tried to use the 'action' and 'again' in tranformation features but they dont help.

Can anyone please guide me on how to select all lines at once and create equal spacing in them with less effort? I am tired of selecting and moving each of the lines here and there!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , May 18, 2017 May 18, 2017

Assuming the pages vary at least somewhat in their position/size in the photographs automating the task will be difficult.

But a semi-manual approach should work out.

I suppose even in the worst case one could set a point in each of the rectangular fields in bulk, then have a Script use the coordinates to isolate the lines as layers of their own and distribute those.

Correcting the angle in the case of slightly rotated pages might require a similar approach but one could probably get away with s

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When talking about editing particular images not showing them can make the conversation pretty difficult, I think.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I can send you the image if you like. Whats your email address?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Please post images on this Forum directly.

insertImagePhotographIcon.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

From This.jpgTo This.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The first image is the original image and the second image with spaces between lines and resized text is output.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Assuming the pages vary at least somewhat in their position/size in the photographs automating the task will be difficult.

But a semi-manual approach should work out.

I suppose even in the worst case one could set a point in each of the rectangular fields in bulk, then have a Script use the coordinates to isolate the lines as layers of their own and distribute those.

Correcting the angle in the case of slightly rotated pages might require a similar approach but one could probably get away with something more simple.

Are the (I assume) pagina and the texts on the left side relevant, too?

If you have not Scripting experience you may want to ask for help over at

Photoshop Scripting

and maybe someone will try it for the challenge …

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

yes everything on the page is relevant.

Thank you for your detailed reply. I believe scripting is the only solution then and I don't have any experience in it. Though I would try the link you gave me.

Thanks.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines