Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

How to Obtain Scaled down PNG/JPEG from EPS

New Here ,
May 18, 2017 May 18, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello All

I am a freshman to imaging and PS and seek your help to complete a simple, yet important, task.

I need image format of my company logo such that it can fit the social media sites (linkedIn/Twitter etc) without need of cropping, yet keeping the clarity. The PNG getting exported from present EPS is too big and doesn't fit on these sites. I am using Adobe Illustrator CC.

Any help shall be highly appreciated.

Regards

Harsh !

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Enthusiast ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you make it a smart object (dropping the image onto the canvas or right clicking) you will be able to scale the image without a loss of clarity.

Side note:

When saving files, use JPEG for something you plan to upload, PNG for printing, and TIF if you want to edit it and be able to look at it without any compression.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you Nexahs1138​ for your prompt reply. I did the following steps -

1. Right clicked the image in AI

2. Dragged the corners to reduce the size of the image and

3. Export as JPG.

With this the image became decolored and blur, but did not impact the size. Please refer to the attached the before and after screenshots from LinkedIn page.

LIN_LOGO_Issue_BEFORE.PNGLIN_LOGO_Issue_AFTER.PNG

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

If you are editing an already created image from a file then you would be better off doing this in Photoshop as that is for editing pictures with bitmaps as opposed to Illustrators vector lines.

I may be wrong in guessing this isn't possible in Ai as I don't use it for editing but if you do this is Photoshop it should work no problem.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines