3 Replies Latest reply on Jul 19, 2017 10:43 PM by Gutter-Fish

Correct sequence of arguments in AE command line render

BernardDigital Level 2

I am not sure why but I just get the help whenever I run the aerender... If I just pass in the project argument it works but whenever i try to modify it I just get the help...

Here is what I want to work...

/Applications/Adobe\ After\ Effects\ CC\ 2017/aerender -v -project /Users/myProjectPath/myProjectFile.aep -s 0 -e 10 -i 2

I even tried defining all the arugments...

/Applications/Adobe\ After\ Effects\ CC\ 2017/aerender -v -project //Users/myProjectPath/myProjectFile.aep -comp “Med_Day-2_video001_sxs" -RStemplate “Best Settings” -OMtemplate “Jpeg-FullRez" -s 1 -e 10 -i 2 -output /Volumes/myOutputPath/even_Frames/frames\[####\].jpg

Nothing is seeming to work... If anyone knows that would be amazing!!!

• 1. Re: Correct sequence of arguments in AE command line render
          BernardDigital Level 2

Ok after some more testing... If I remove the -v (verbose) option it will run and give me a readout of what is happing... Weird because the verbose option is supposed to do that I thought... So maybe it is being invoked twice?

Ok, one thing I can't tell is if I am rendering every other frame... I think it is rendering every other frame but naming it sequentially...

Is there a way to have it render every other frame and get its frame number from the frame it is rendering? So if it starts on frame 1 then skips to frame 3... The second frame in my rendered sequence would have the 0003 file append rather than 0002

This might be so confusing no one knows what I mean... Sorry... Basically, I don't have a fast network solution for my computers and want to only render odd frames on one and even frames on another and then just combine the image sequence later...

Thanks!!

• 2. Re: Correct sequence of arguments in AE command line render
            Kevin-Monahan Adobe Employee

Hi Bernard Digital,

Are you still struggling with command line rendering issues? Please let us know. Perhaps we can assist you further.

Thanks,
            Kevin

• 3. Re: Correct sequence of arguments in AE command line render
              Gutter-Fish Level 4

I've never done a CL render with after effects but I know that in general flags require arguments.

The one thing I noticed looking at your command line was that the flag "-v" had no argument.

Your follow post confirmed that that was the flag causing the problem.

You should try it again, give that flag a proper argument (my guess is that it takes a boolean) & see if it works.