• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Eliminate Virtual Duplicates in a collection

Explorer ,
May 18, 2017 May 18, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

is there some way to find all the duplicates of same named virtual files in a collection and then delete all of the duplicate in that collection?

I have a large master catalogue. I then made people specific folders with virtual copies -- let's say person A and B. I rated keepers. I have to run them by A and B for approval.  I just found out that they must approve any crossovers. I then made a filter in A's collection of A+B and drop those into B collection so the B collection is now complete for approval (and on to all other combinations of people.) The problem is a good many of the A+B files were already selected in the B folder so I have to find all the doubles and remove them before sending them along.

Perhaps I would have approached this differently from the outset had I known each person has to approve (even when they are a blur.) I now have spent 4 days rating the files of a number of people folders and have to find all crossovers and then remove duplicates.

Any idea would be greatly appreciated!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Beginner , Sep 13, 2017 Sep 13, 2017

The following steps worked for me:

1) Highlight your desired collection folder

2) Go to Library mode

3) Using Lightroom dropdown menu choose Library -> Enable Filters

4) Then choose Library -> Filter by kind -> Virtual Copies

5) In the film strip or the tiled view, select all (command-A)

6) Then press delete.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Explorer ,
May 18, 2017 May 18, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

One other thought: would there be some way to add copies of some of the files in a virtual file collection into another and only add ones that are from new files (to avoid the above mentioned problem of finding he duplicates)?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Sep 13, 2017 Sep 13, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The following steps worked for me:

1) Highlight your desired collection folder

2) Go to Library mode

3) Using Lightroom dropdown menu choose Library -> Enable Filters

4) Then choose Library -> Filter by kind -> Virtual Copies

5) In the film strip or the tiled view, select all (command-A)

6) Then press delete.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Sep 17, 2017 Sep 17, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

hannahb26810959​ I had the same question as you re- virtual copies.  I think I found a way to eliminate all virtual copies in a collection and posted it as an answer to your original question.  Please try it and tell me if you can replicate what worked for me. Thanks.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines