New Here ,
May 18, 2017 May 18, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

I have a xml in which I have data as

<p style="text-align: left;"><strong>DESCRIPTION</strong></p>

In this,

<strong>DESCRIPTION</strong>. Here I have applied Character style using Script and displayed it as  DESCRIPTION.Then, I have this tag , <p style="text-align: left;">  for left alignment.I have to apply left alignment by removing the tag.Is it possible to apply left alignment from the tag, in InDesign using script?Please guide me.

Regards,

Revathi

TOPICS
Scripting

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,
May 19, 2017 May 19, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You can apply paragraph style (which contains the alignment you want) via

script.

Try to find () separating them in

groups using the (). And then change to $2 (which is your second group /

your content) and apply the correct para style you want. Use grep

find/change script methods.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
People's Champ ,
May 19, 2017 May 19, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

All you need is use map tags to styles in the tags panel…

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 20, 2017 May 20, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Corullon and Loic,

Thanks for your response.I have got it.But now I have a tag for alignment as  <p style="text-align: left;"> .I am able to only map tags with <p> and so but I am unable to apply my styles for tags,  <p style="text-align: left;">  for alignment.What do I have to do now?

Thanks,

Revathi

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,
May 20, 2017 May 20, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I would do using a script, as I mentioned.

But comparing my first found group with a string. If the string is the same

as found, apply the paragraph aligning to the left. Else, applying another

one or doing nothing.

Am I clear?

Em 20 de mai de 2017 8:48 AM, "revathiv80720177" <forums_noreply@adobe.com>

escreveu:

Adobe Community <https://forums.adobe.com/?et=watches.email.thread>

Alignment in InDesign using Scripts

resposta de revathiv80720177

<https://forums.adobe.com/people/revathiv80720177?et=watches.email.thread>

em InDesign Scripting - Visualize a discussão completa

<https://forums.adobe.com/message/9526806?et=watches.email.thread#9526806>

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 24, 2017 May 24, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Corullon and Loic,

I have to apply paragraph styles to tags in  xml while importing  xml. Now I can apply styles only for tags <B> and so.But for alignment I have tags as   <P style="text-align: left;"> or <P align =center> ,in xml.I am mapping tags to styles as  <B stylename="Bold Style" />.But how shall I map my alignment tag to style, <P style="text-align: left;"> or <P align =center>.I tried to map it as <P align  center stylename ="left align">.But it was invalid mapping.How shall I map my alignment tag to styles.

Regards,

Revathi V

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
People's Champ ,
May 24, 2017 May 24, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

A solution would have been to use XSLT and namespaced attributes such aid:pstyle and aid:cstyle so a node can call a specific text style on import.

Once that said, I gave this a try yesterday but although my xsl worked fine on Oxygen plus my transformed XML nicely injected in InDesign. It just failed when the transformation occured inside indesign.

Obviously the style="text-align: left;" syntax isn't properly understood by the inner xslt engine 😕

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 26, 2017 May 26, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Loic,

Thank you for your response.Is there any possibility to apply this tag  for alignment or I have to  change the tag in xml.Guide me.

Regards,

Revathi V

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
People's Champ ,
May 26, 2017 May 26, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I thought i just did. if you need styles applied on import, and given that you can't Map a same node with différent styles, then the solution is change the xml structure so either tag names are changed or use the namespaced aid:pstyle attribute.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines