• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

4K Footage playback lag on PC I built for 4K editing

New Here ,
May 19, 2017 May 19, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I followed some online build guides with the intent of editing 4K videos. Earlier this week I just bought two new SSDs and put them into my system thinking this would solve the problem. I've got my OS and software coming off one SSD and I've got my footage coming off another. Then I've got my scratch disks and cache coming off a non SSD drive. And I still have lag, makes me want to pull my hair out.

Here is my build.

Processor: Intel i7-6700k CPU 4.00 GHz 4001 Mhz 4 Cores

32 GB RAM

GeForce GTX 1070

SSDs: Samsung  850 EVO 250 GB (OS and Software)

Samsung SSD 850 PRO (Footage)

And then Ive got two non SSD drives

Im running Windows 10 and the newest version of Premiere Pro

Does anyone have any thoughts?

[Moderator note: moved to appropriate forum]

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you're editing DSLR or drone media, it ain't the computer ... it's the codec. Those use long-GOP formats & such ... which are incredibly core/thread intensive. Frequently 6k ProRes or DNxHDR plays back & edits smoother than 4k long-GOP.

So ... what's your media that you're working with, and what effects are you dropping on it?

Neil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

If you run my Premiere Pro Benchmark (PPBM) maybe we can see if your hardware is set up properly or if there is a weak link in your setup.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines