3 Replies Latest reply on May 19, 2017 6:25 PM by George_Johnson

Can I use a group of images as radio buttons?

LJDM

Hi all.

I'm pretty new to Javascript, but with a little technical aptitude and a lot of browsing on this forum, I've been able to create a somewhat complex form in Acrobat DC (Windows). The form functions as an interactive product ordering tool for office chairs. Initially, I setup the different chair options (fabric, headrest style, armrest style, etc.) in dropdown menus, with the selection auto-populating price/part number fields elsewhere in the form using both the export value and item name, along with document-level setValues scripts.

For a better UX, I'm now hoping to switch to image buttons, where the user would click on an image of their chosen fabric and the same auto-population throughout the form would occur. For each option/image group, only one item could be chosen, just like a group of radio buttons.

Is this even possible?

Please let me know what additional information I can provide to help you help me. Thank you in advance for any assistance you're willing to give! !

• 1. Re: Can I use a group of images as radio buttons?
          George_Johnson MVP & Adobe Community Professional

It's possible to do something like that using regular buttons along with some custom JavaScript. Exactly how you'd implement it depends on how you want the appearance to change when an item it selected and deselected. For example, you might want to change the border color when selected and remove it when not. Or an alternate/different appearance could be shown when selected.

• 2. Re: Can I use a group of images as radio buttons?
            LJDM Level 1

Thank you for the reply, George. Yes, I would want to change the border color when an image is selected. Ideally, a deselected image would have no border at all (white?) and the selected image would have a black border.

Additionally, I'd want the ability to have none of a group selected when the file is opened, or when a 'Reset' button is clicked. I already have the Reset button configured and working well in the current iteration of the form.

What custom JavaScript can be used to accomplish this with regular buttons? Mainly, how would I dictate that only one button in a group can be selected?

Thanks again for your input.

• 3. Re: Can I use a group of images as radio buttons?
              George_Johnson MVP & Adobe Community Professional

I'll try to put together and post a sample some time this weekend that you can use as a guide.