• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Images will not publish if PPTX is downloaded from Google Drive web interface.

Community Beginner ,
May 19, 2017 May 19, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When downloading a Powerpoint file from the Google Drive web interface, the images in the presentation seem to get corrupted in some way. When it is opened and edited, the images display correctly in Powerpoint, but when I publish with Presenter, the images disappear from the final product. The workaround has been to save each image out from Powerpoint individually, and then re-import it back into the presentation and manually replace any alt-text or hyperlinks associated with the image.

This does not happen when the PPTX is synced, as opposed to downloaded.

Google does not believe that they have anything to do with this problem, and have directed me to you.

TOPICS
Presenter

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
May 22, 2017 May 22, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Sure sounds like a Google issue, as you have isolated the workflow from Google that causes the issue.

You can reach Adobe Support here, Adobe Connect Help | Adobe Connect Support , and see if they have any alternative solutions outside of what you found as a fix.

In my experience Google's services (gmail and drive) can do strange things to non-Google documents. I don't think they have much care about it, as it just promotes you using their stuff instead, so I am not surprised they passed the buck. I have seen this type of issue in PPT(X) and PDF documents.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Resources
Help resources