2 Replies Latest reply on May 19, 2017 1:24 PM by Conrad C

Photoshop 2017 screen is too big for my small laptop screen.  I can't scroll down!!

lesliek91399123

I'm so frustrated with this.  I got a subscription to the cloud for my new 13 inch Mac laptop.  I open up the photoshop screen to edit and I can't scroll down in the screen to edit the photo.  I just can't figure out how to navigate around the screen, and I can't find a video to get me started!  I started using Photoshop when it first came out years ago, but this is ridiculous.  I need help immediately!  I have a weekend of shooting and editing that starts in an hour!!

Heeelllllpppp!

• 1. Re: Photoshop 2017 screen is too big for my small laptop screen.  I can't scroll down!!
          Akash Sharma Adobe Employee

Hi lesliek,

We're sorry you''re having issues using Photoshop. HiDPI support on Windows is enabled by default, but you can revert to the pre-HiDPI support look by:

1. Choose Edit > Preferences > Interface.
          2. In the Text section, find the UI Scaling drop-down box.
          3. Select "100%"
          4. Restart Photoshop

Let us know if that helps.

Thanks,

Akash

• 2. Re: Photoshop 2017 screen is too big for my small laptop screen.  I can't scroll down!!
            Conrad C Adobe Community Professional & MVP

If you've used Photoshop before, you know that Photoshop has multiple ways to scroll; you can use the scroll bars or the Hand tool. Are you saying neither of those are working?

The suggestion in the other post to look for a UI Scaling preference probably won't help you, because that advice is for Windows and you're using a Mac. However, Photoshop might be affected if you changed the Resolution setting in the Displays preference in the System Preferences on your Mac; do you know if that's been changed since you got your new Mac?

One more idea: If you haven't used Photoshop in a while, you're probably getting used to how Photoshop looks now. Are you not seeing the scroll bar you want? The default appearance, which is dark with low contrast scroll bars, might make it hard to see the document scroll bar; look harder for it and make sure to distinguish it from the scroll bars of panels that are open.