• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Captivate 2017 - Timing-based animation doesn't play all the way through when published

Engaged ,
May 19, 2017 May 19, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, I'm creating an e-learning course (a responsive project) in Captivate 2017 and I have a slide where an image flies in from the top left. I used the animation preset "Fly in From Top Left" to achieve this and when I play the slide within Captivate Software it plays fine, the animation is spread across the entire duration of the slide. However, when I preview or publish the project, the animation gets about half-way through and then stops, leaving my graphic about half-way off the slide.

Is there something I am missing?

Here is an image of my timeline. The graphic with the animation is "Image_2" and the animation is underneath it. It spans across the entire timeline so I am confused as to why it doesn't play entirely upon being previewed or published.

cap2017 animation question.PNG

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , May 19, 2017 May 19, 2017

Of course it stops at the pausing point of all your interactive objects, I see 8 in that screenshot. That pausing point is at 1,5secs while the 'Fly in' is timed at 3 secs, so only half of the animation will be done before the playhead stops.

Understanding the timeline, is THE most important basic skill for any Captivate user. I did write a sequence of 5 articles, trying to clarify. Look at:

Challenges for Starters - Captivate blog

Pausing Captivate's Timeline - Captivate blog

Solution: either you

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Of course it stops at the pausing point of all your interactive objects, I see 8 in that screenshot. That pausing point is at 1,5secs while the 'Fly in' is timed at 3 secs, so only half of the animation will be done before the playhead stops.

Understanding the timeline, is THE most important basic skill for any Captivate user. I did write a sequence of 5 articles, trying to clarify. Look at:

Challenges for Starters - Captivate blog

Pausing Captivate's Timeline - Captivate blog

Solution: either you shorten the duration of the effect (can be done by dragging its timeline or in the TIming panel) or you delay the pausing points (do you need all of them?) for the interactive objects. That can be done by dragging the pausing points or in the Timing panel all at once. Be careful: keep them at identical times to avoid other issues. Maybe you'll need a little bit of both: shorten duration effect and delaying the pausing point (not totally at the end but about 0,2secs from end timeline slide).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thank you!! I figured it was something simple like that.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Help resources