• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

LR creates and saves tif when using "edit in" to go to Phtoshop

New Here ,
May 20, 2017 May 20, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'd like to prevent LR from auto creating and saving a tif upon clicking "edit in" photoshop.

I'm using LR CC 2015.10 and Photoshop 2017.1.1. Adobe CC interface shows these apps, as well as Adobe Camera Raw are all up to date.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , May 21, 2017 May 21, 2017

Try this:

Go the the Preferences>General Tab and click on "Reset all warning dialogs".

Then try the "Edit In PS" command again (on a raw file) and you should now see the "ACR mis-match" dialog.

The problem is that if ACR in PS is up-to-date then you don't actually have an ACR mis-match, the reason you will see this message is because there is a bug in LR 2015.10 which causes this message to be erroneously issued. There are two options, "Render using Lightroom" and "Open Anyway". With a genuine mis-

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You can normally choose between Tiff and PSD and 8 bit or 16 bit

Go to Preferences >> External Editing (tab)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When I click "edit in" photoshop, the file is created, Then I apply edits in photoshop and save the file. Now I have two tiff files.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
May 21, 2017 May 21, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Try this:

Go the the Preferences>General Tab and click on "Reset all warning dialogs".

Then try the "Edit In PS" command again (on a raw file) and you should now see the "ACR mis-match" dialog.

The problem is that if ACR in PS is up-to-date then you don't actually have an ACR mis-match, the reason you will see this message is because there is a bug in LR 2015.10 which causes this message to be erroneously issued. There are two options, "Render using Lightroom" and "Open Anyway". With a genuine mis-match the correct response would normally be "Render using Lightroom", which will create the Tiff/PSD file in Lightroom before it is passed to PS. I suspect that sometime in the past you would have used this option and at the same time checked the "Don't show again" box, which is why LR is currently defaulting to this option.

But in this particular situation, where there really isn't a mis-match, the proper response would be "Open Anyway", in which case you won't then see the Tiff/PSD appear in Lightroom until/unless you subsequently "Save" in PS.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thanks so much for your help.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

A TIF or PSD file must be created at some point, either at the beginning of the Photoshop session or at the end because Photoshop by itself cannot edit raw image data. The raw file must be converted before the image is opened in Photoshop.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, but I want to save the file at the end of the editing process in Photoshop.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Are you editing raw images? If so, what is the first thing that happens when you choose to edit the image in Photoshop?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks. Jim Wilde's fix did the trick.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines