• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

XD new project opens to scrambled screen

New Here ,
May 20, 2017 May 20, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am having issues with just the XD app on multiple monitors.  XD looks fine on the primary monitor, but my added monitors show a scrambled screen. This is the only app I have that has the problem currently although I have previously had Firefox have a similar issue where as the fix was to uncheck "Use hardware acceleration when available" any ideas on how to fix this for XD? 

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
May 22, 2017 May 22, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Could you try these steps:

1. Open Start menu, type "dxdiag" and run it
  2. Go to Display tab, take a screenshot of the info shown there, and post it here

Also, what hardware are your primary monitor and secondary monitors?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

One other question: is the entire UI of XD messed up, or is it just the central design canvas? (i.e. are the titlebar / toolbar / properties panes along the edges ok?)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My primary monitor is AOC 27 inch screen running through my imac 17inch screen via HDMI cable through Display Link USB 3.0 Adaptor.  OS is macOS Sierra version 10.12.4

Answer to second question:

Just the canvas

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
May 23, 2017 May 23, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Also, just to clarify: how many monitors are you using, total?  Are you using the iMac's built-in screen, plus the AOC screen, plus another screen?  Or just the iMac screen and the AOC?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 24, 2017 May 24, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am actually using a total of three ... the imacs own screen and two AOC screens.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What I am seeing on the XD screen:Screen Shot 2017-05-24 at 5.36.36 PM.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Whats the Mac equivalent for "dxdiag"?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Oh sorry, I was assuming you were on Windows.  For a Mac, could you provide us with:

• Screenshot of what XD looks like when it's messed up
  • Go to "About This Mac" (under the Apple menu) and take screenshots of General and Displays

Thanks!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Here is a screen shot of the display, but I don't see a general tab ! !Screen Shot 2017-05-24 at 5.30.01 PM.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
May 25, 2017 May 25, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sorry, I meant the "Overview" tab, not "General"... could you post a screenshot of that too?  Thanks!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 27, 2017 May 27, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Overview screenshot

Screen Shot 2017-05-27 at 8.55.52 AM.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jun 01, 2017 Jun 01, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for your time btw, this is the first we've seen of this issue.  Thank you for helping answer our inquiries.

Have you per chance tried another display, or a Thunderbolt display? Is it *both* external displays?

We can try HDMI in-house and try to repro - but just not sure the GT 650M is capable of accelerated display with that setup - as you seem to have discovered as well with other apps - and we don't have a software rendering fallback just yet.  You wouldn't like the speed or performance of such a setup either.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jun 01, 2017 Jun 01, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Not sure if this is related or not - Known issues with DisplayLink on macOS 10.12 (Sierra) – DisplayLink Support  ...but perhaps try the "workaround" suggested?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
May 07, 2019 May 07, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same issue. Adobe XD works fine on MacBook Pro monitor. But moving it to a side monitor connected via USB-C makes the central panel completely blank (grey). You can't see anything. Super super annoying how many bugs exist with this product on MacOS! lol.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
May 07, 2019 May 07, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

This bug is not our bug. It's Apple's.  But you mention other annoying bugs, please reach out with a DM to share those please.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines