3 Replies Latest reply on Oct 8, 2008 8:11 AM by Newsgroup_User

how is this drawing effect done?

DPSwebmaster Level 1
      I am looking to produce a certain animation effect in Flash. I want to create an outline around an image, which happens to be a headshot, I want to animate the outline so that it appears it is being drawn around the image. How can I achieve something like this?
        • 1. Re: how is this drawing effect done?
          Level 7
          DPSwebmaster wrote:
          > I am looking to produce a certain animation effect in Flash. I want to create
          > an outline around an image, which happens to be a headshot, I want to animate
          > the outline so that it appears it is being drawn around the image. How can I
          > achieve something like this?
          >

You can draw the entire outline and place it on frame 1. On frame two, delete some,
          on frame 3 some more and so on till you left nothing. Select these frames now, right click
          and go to Reverse Frames. So you end up with frame with nothing till last frame with a full
          image. Animate lines like that with shape or motion tween is an over kill.

--
          Best Regards

Urami

--
          "Never play Leap-Frog with a Unicorn."

<urami>
          If you want to mail me - DO NOT LAUGH AT MY ADDRESS
          </urami>
          • 2. Re: how is this drawing effect done?
            DPSwebmaster Level 1
            thanks for the response. Is the pen tool the best way to create an outline as I described or is their a better way?
            • 3. Re: how is this drawing effect done?
              Level 7
              DPSwebmaster wrote:
              > thanks for the response. Is the pen tool the best way to create an outline as I described or is their a better way?

Depends of the image, but if the outline is simple I would use flash Pencil and set the line to smooth.

--
              Best Regards

Urami

--
              "Never play Leap-Frog with a Unicorn."

<urami>
              If you want to mail me - DO NOT LAUGH AT MY ADDRESS
              </urami>