1 Reply Latest reply on May 22, 2017 6:34 AM by Akash Sharma

Lightroom changes Premiere Pro Media Cache location?

betterchef Level 1

I've just started using Lightroom 6.8 and I've noticed when I opened Premiere Pro 2015.3, the media cache folder location is now located in Lightroom's video cache.  This makes my Premiere Pro project go through the long process of conforming the videos and generating file peaks again.  I can change it back to my original media cache location but once I close PPro, open LR and open PPro again, the media cache will be set in LR's video media cache. 

So, by using Lightroom, it changes other adobe programs video cache too?  How can I stop have PPro's media cache set in Lightrooms media cache?

• 1. Re: Lightroom changes Premiere Pro Media Cache location?
          Akash Sharma Adobe Employee

Hi betterchef,

Thanks for posting on Adobe forums. You are using an older version of Lightroom. Please update Lightroom 6 to the latest version 6.10.

As you change the locations of the media cache database in Premiere Pro and the cached files using Edit>Preferences>Media>Media Cache. Also, check what is Lightroom cache location. Ideally, it is Mac:-  /Users/[username]/Pictures/Lightroom/Lightroom Catalog Previews.lrdata and C:\Users\[user name]\Pictures\Lightroom\Lightroom Catalog Previews.lrdata for Windows.

Let us know if that helps.

Thanks,

Akash