• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Lightroom changes Premiere Pro Media Cache location?

New Here ,
May 21, 2017 May 21, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've just started using Lightroom 6.8 and I've noticed when I opened Premiere Pro 2015.3, the media cache folder location is now located in Lightroom's video cache.  This makes my Premiere Pro project go through the long process of conforming the videos and generating file peaks again.  I can change it back to my original media cache location but once I close PPro, open LR and open PPro again, the media cache will be set in LR's video media cache. 

So, by using Lightroom, it changes other adobe programs video cache too?  How can I stop have PPro's media cache set in Lightrooms media cache?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

May 22, 2017 May 22, 2017

Hi betterchef,

Thanks for posting on Adobe forums. You are using an older version of Lightroom. Please update Lightroom 6 to the latest version 6.10.

As you change the locations of the media cache database in Premiere Pro and the cached files using Edit>Preferences>Media>Media Cache. Also, check what is Lightroom cache location. Ideally, it is Mac:-  /Users/[username]/Pictures/Lightroom/Lightroom Catalog Previews.lrdata and C:\Users\[user name]\Pictures\Lightroom\Lightroom Catalog Previews.lrdata

Votes

Translate

Translate
May 22, 2017 May 22, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi betterchef,

Thanks for posting on Adobe forums. You are using an older version of Lightroom. Please update Lightroom 6 to the latest version 6.10.

As you change the locations of the media cache database in Premiere Pro and the cached files using Edit>Preferences>Media>Media Cache. Also, check what is Lightroom cache location. Ideally, it is Mac:-  /Users/[username]/Pictures/Lightroom/Lightroom Catalog Previews.lrdata and C:\Users\[user name]\Pictures\Lightroom\Lightroom Catalog Previews.lrdata for Windows.

Let us know if that helps.

Thanks,

Akash

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jul 05, 2020 Jul 05, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is not fixed. It happens with the current most up-to-date versions!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You have reactivated old thread which has marked with  ”correct answer” as a result it will attract less attention. It's better if you start a new thread and provide details of the problem, the version of Lightroom you are using, and details of your operating system version number.

Regards, Denis: iMac 27” mid-2015, macOS 11.7.10 Big Sur; 2TB SSD, 24 GB Ram, GPU 2 GB; LrC 12.5, Lr 6.5, PS 24.7,; ACR 15.5,; Camera OM-D E-M1

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines