• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Stacking HDR Photos Based on Exposure

New Here ,
May 21, 2017 May 21, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is it possible to automate the "Group into Stack" for photos based on exposure in Lightroom? I'm a huge fan of HDR photos and have a library full of photos that have multiple exposure images used to create HDR images. It would be spectacular if Lightroom could automatically detect sequential photos with an exposure range (E.g. EV -6 to EV +6) and create a stack of them with the EV 0 photo used as the key image. I'm aware of the option for automatic stacking based on time, but this isn't a workable option for HDR photos as some HDR exposures can be several minutes. I'm interested to know how others are managing their HDR photo libraries. I'm using smart folders that exclude any photos that are not EV 0, but I think stacking would be a better option.

Thanks!

Eric

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

LEGEND , May 21, 2017 May 21, 2017

LR doesn't have any solid mechanisms for this, unfortunately.  LR also lacks some core functionality for letting plugins manipulate stacks, so there is no robust way for plugins to provide this missing functionality.  There was a plugin from Rob Cole that did this, but it was limited to Windows and it could be pretty fragile (due to the LR limitations).

Lots of people have asked for much better auto stacking to support HDR and panoramas.  Please add your me-too vote and details of what you'd like

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,
May 21, 2017 May 21, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

LR doesn't have any solid mechanisms for this, unfortunately.  LR also lacks some core functionality for letting plugins manipulate stacks, so there is no robust way for plugins to provide this missing functionality.  There was a plugin from Rob Cole that did this, but it was limited to Windows and it could be pretty fragile (due to the LR limitations).

Lots of people have asked for much better auto stacking to support HDR and panoramas.  Please add your me-too vote and details of what you'd like and why to this feature request in the official Adobe feedback forum: Lightroom: Better auto stacking for bracketing,HDR, and panoramas | Photoshop Family Customer Commun... . That will make it a little bit more likely Adobe will improve auto stacking sometime before the next ice age.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines