• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Temporary Lightroom on Windows laptop. Later on iMac?

New Here ,
May 21, 2017 May 21, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

New to photography. Need to have Lightroom on Windows laptop in field for a month for photography workshop in mid-June. After returning, want to change membership to my iMac permanently. Won't need on Windows laptop any more.    Can I do this?  Will pictures taken and transferred to Windows laptop during workshop transfer to iMac subscription when I get it?

I realize that I will most likely have to cancel one subscription and purchase another.  What about catalog created using first operating system.

Thanks for you help!  I am confused as to what to do.  Don't want to lose pictures due to different operating systems.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

LEGEND , May 21, 2017 May 21, 2017

Your subscription allows for two "active" installs. One Windows install and one Mac install is no problem.

Install Lightroom to your Windows system.

Do the workshop.

When you want to transfer it all to the Mac, you can just copy the catalog and images from one machine to the other using your local network.

https://www.lightroomqueen.com/how-move-lightroom-to-new-computer/

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,
May 21, 2017 May 21, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Your subscription allows for two "active" installs. One Windows install and one Mac install is no problem.

Install Lightroom to your Windows system.

Do the workshop.

When you want to transfer it all to the Mac, you can just copy the catalog and images from one machine to the other using your local network.

https://www.lightroomqueen.com/how-move-lightroom-to-new-computer/

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines