1 Reply Latest reply on May 22, 2017 2:32 AM by Mylenium

Revit to Adobe?

kristinah494824

I am curious to hear thoughts on what I think was a wise decision. I learned manual drafting and Revit and loved drafting.  There were no more classes offered in my program to advance in the Revit software and I felt like learning as many creative cloud programs as I could, would benefit my goal to excell in drafting. I learned the basics of Illustrator, although most of what I learned was not through my class, rather on my own. I learned Photoshop mostly from my photography instructor. I enjoy utilizing photoshop and know it is an endless learning experience. I tend to think that employer's wanting someone proficient in Revit or any other software, would also like someone at least familiar with the Adobe software. Thoughts?

Kristina 

• 1. Re: Revit to Adobe?
          Mylenium Most Valuable Participant

I tend to think that employer's wanting someone proficient in Revit or any other software, would also like someone at least familiar with the Adobe software.

Depends on where you end up. That's a fine beige line. If you get more into the actual construction and data management it will be totally irrelevant, if you are more into working on presentations, then it could be relevant, but with varying degree. Realyl impossible to say without knowing the specific company. Naturally it doesn't hurt and as long as you can manage to keep a handle on everything that's fine, but at the end of the day it ends up being the same question as whether as a Revit user learning AutoCAD migh tbe just as relevant. if you get my drift - you can leanr a hundred programs and still have missed the one your (future) employer needs most. This point could even be made for the Adobe tools. If the company insists on doing video presentations, Premiere Pro and After effects would be just as relevant.

Mylenium