1 Reply Latest reply on Oct 5, 2008 7:13 PM by Newsgroup_User

guidelines for itouch/iphone flash Apps?

shintashi Level 1
      Hi, I just picked up an Itouch (G2) and want to program games and quizzes for study in flash, which is normally not a problem on a PC, but the Itouch has a much smaller screen, no keyboard, no mouse, and a touch screen.

What are the specific modifications to a .swf file necessary to make it an application?
      For example, max screen size, recommended file size, graphic notes,

should we use "mouse" button on(press/release) instead of keyboard commands, do we need an exit button,

and do we need to convert the .swf into something else?
        • 1. Re: guidelines for itouch/iphone flash Apps?
          Level 7
          shintashi wrote:
          > Hi, I just picked up an Itouch (G2) and want to program games and quizzes for
          > study in flash, which is normally not a problem on a PC, but the Itouch has a
          > much smaller screen, no keyboard, no mouse, and a touch screen.

I don't believe ipod has flash support of any kind. There are tools for converting
          swf into ipod compatible content but that's purely swf to Mp4, none interactive, video
          file format.

> What are the specific modifications to a .swf file necessary to make it an
          > application?
          > For example, max screen size, recommended file size, graphic notes,

All the specs re available on apple.com in the product spec section.
          Don't make us surf for things you can easily access yourself.

> should we use "mouse" button on(press/release) instead of keyboard commands,
          > do we need an exit button,

Bottom line is, if ipod has any support for swf/exe based flash apps, you need to follow
          regular touch screen rules which means no roll over as such can't be detected. The events
          will have to happen on press.

--
          Best Regards

Urami

--
          "Never play Leap-Frog with a Unicorn."

<urami>
          If you want to mail me - DO NOT LAUGH AT MY ADDRESS
          </urami>