• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

i need help with my portfolio (perfect binding)

New Here ,
May 22, 2017 May 22, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

so my assignment is to make a portfolio at least 30 pages. im very confused when it comes to page size. i hear that if i want my portfolio to be A4 in the end then i should set my document to A3 size? or if i want it A5 then i should set it to A4? can you please tell me if thats true. i set the document to 2 colomns and this is what it looks like. now im worried about the order of the pages because its going to be perfectly bound. as u can see its 2 pages next to each other. does this mean that the first page is 1 and the one next to it is 2?20170522_162214 (1).jpg

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , May 22, 2017 May 22, 2017

However, it is your job to provide correct margins and bleeds—it looks like your pages do not have enough margin and maybe no bleeds?

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you want A4 then you set the document to A4. Set your document to facing pages and you should be good to go.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

i hear that if i want my portfolio to be A4 in the end then i should set my document to A3 size? or if i want it A5 then i should set it to A4? can you please tell me if thats true.

No you always set the document size to the final trim dimensions of the book using facing pages. It's the printers job to prepare the pages for the binding:

Imposition - Wikipedia

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

However, it is your job to provide correct margins and bleeds—it looks like your pages do not have enough margin and maybe no bleeds?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

i dont understand the concept of bleeds and slug. can you please tell me what to set my bleed and slug to?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Set a print bleed |

The standard bleed dimension is .125"

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Are you taking a course in InDesign? If so, either you are not paying attention or you have the worst instructor on the planet.

We can't tell you what to set them to. You need to ask the printer (if there is one) or the instructor.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines