2 Replies Latest reply on May 23, 2017 12:26 AM by vinny38

Printing Issue - Long Edge/Short Edge

vanessam4986784

Hi, I'm printing a layout that is double sided but when I print Long Edge,  The Front side is towards the bottom of the page and the back side is towards the top of the page.   When I print on Short Edge the the Front side is towards the left of the page and the Back side is towards the Left of the page. 

How do I set it up to be perfectly aligned in the middle when I print. My printer doesn't seem to have any more option I can play with.

My PDF preview looks correct So I'm pretty sure its a printer setting.

Any help is appreciated.

• 1. Re: Printing Issue - Long Edge/Short Edge
          Michael Witherell Adobe Community Professional

What application are you printing from?

What printer are you printing to?

• 2. Re: Printing Issue - Long Edge/Short Edge
            vinny38 Level 4

Hi

If I understand you correctly, your document is smaller than the page format output, right?

If so, there are several ways to center your PDF on a paper sheet.

Option 1:

In Indesign, use "Print" feature (could be direct to printer, or to a PDF)

Print feature allows you to set the paper size (Format du papier), and to center your artwork:

print.jpg

Option 2 (the one I would personally use):

In Acrobat Print panel, uncheck "Choose Paper Source By PDF Page Size", then set Orientation to "auto". See example below:

print2.gif

Of course, these settings may vary depending on your OS (Mac, Windows?), software versions, use of a print manager and so on... so if you don't manage to solve your problem, please be more specific.

Vinny

1 person found this helpful