• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Can I use free Reader DC to insert a digital ID/signature in a fill in form?

New Here ,
May 22, 2017 May 22, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have a PDF form to fill in and sign with a Digital ID/signature. Can I do this in the free Reader DC or must I get the Pro version?

I have been informed by the recipient that inserting an image of my handwritten signature is not sufficient and I must use a digital ID.

Thanks for your time and any info.

B R

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , May 22, 2017 May 22, 2017

Hi AdobeBoardRoom,

You should be able to create and use Digital ID in Adobe Reader DC, depending on the document's properties on which you are working on.

You may refer to Digital IDs in Acrobat DC and Certificate-based signatures, Adobe Acrobat DC

If you are unable to create the "Digital ID's" then you may right click on the document>document properties>security and check whether you are allowed to add signature or not.

Regards,

Akanchha

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee ,
May 22, 2017 May 22, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi AdobeBoardRoom,

You should be able to create and use Digital ID in Adobe Reader DC, depending on the document's properties on which you are working on.

You may refer to Digital IDs in Acrobat DC and Certificate-based signatures, Adobe Acrobat DC

If you are unable to create the "Digital ID's" then you may right click on the document>document properties>security and check whether you are allowed to add signature or not.

Regards,

Akanchha

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 24, 2017 May 24, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Akanchha

Thanks very much for your reply. I have successfully added a digital signature to the forms.

B R

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
May 24, 2017 May 24, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi B R,

Good to hear that worked for you.

Let us know if there is any further assistance is required.

Regards,

Akanchha

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 12, 2017 Jun 12, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

Following this thread because I am having the same problem. However, the form still does not give me the option to "sign document". I've created the digital signature, but how do I actually get it on to the form?

Thanks.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jun 14, 2017 Jun 14, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi Sephonniee51847624,

If you have added the digital signature successfully, then you may check the document properties whether you are allowed to add signature or not.

Right click on the document>Document Properties

Or check with any other file whether you are able to add signature to that or not?

-Akanchha

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines