• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Why does conref-ing a steps element always insert <data></data> tags?

Community Beginner ,
May 22, 2017 May 22, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have a set of steps that I am referencing via conref.  In the source document there are no <data></data> tags.

But every time I conref to the source document the results inserts those tags, the xml line in my resulting file (not the source file) looks something like this:

<taskbody><steps conref="blahblahSourceMaterial"><data></data></steps></taskbody>

This always creates a validation error that the data tags are empty, but I can't find anywhere that indicates they're required when using a conref -- this seems to only happen when I conref the Steps element. I seem to be able to delete these tags in the destination file and it works fine, but it's frustrating to do this.  Is this a bug, or am I missing some knowledge here about how to appropriately conref steps?

Additional note, the <data></data> tags also never display when View > Element Boundaries (as Tags) is set in the WYSIWYG view.

TOPICS
Structured

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
no replies

Have something to add?