3 Replies Latest reply on Nov 11, 2017 2:25 AM by Adlergeist

I need to put my Pagemaker 6.5 on Windows 10

tappybeat

PLEASE HELP!!

I only have a few days to finish a project and my OLD computer which has Pagemaker 6.5 is crashing. I need to transfer all Pagemaker to my newer computer to finish there. How can I do this?

Also, is there a way to save any of my Pagemaker documents as PNG?

Thank you so much for your quick reply.

• 1. Re: I need to put my Pagemaker 6.5 on Windows 10
          John T Smith Adobe Community Professional & MVP

Two ideas that MAY work to install and/or run old programs in Windows 10

-RIGHT click the program icon or EXE and select a compatibility mode in the pop up option window

-or Run as Administrator http://forums.adobe.com/thread/969395 to assign FULL Windows permissions may help... says Encore, but sometimes required for ALL Adobe programs (this is NOT the same as using an Administrator account)

-or more on permissions https://forums.adobe.com/thread/2293598

• 2. Re: I need to put my Pagemaker 6.5 on Windows 10
            BobLevine MVP & Adobe Community Professional

The chances of success here are practically zero. If you do by some chance get it installed and save a file, you’d then have to get a PDF out of it, another unlikely possibility which you could then open in Photoshop to save as PNG.

• 3. Re: I need to put my Pagemaker 6.5 on Windows 10
              Adlergeist

Hi, this is a problem of 32 and 64 bit-architecture.

Pagemaker 6.5 runs on 32 bit, this will not run on your new (64-bit) system.

You can try to install the Pagemaker on an older 32-bit type of computer, or you can try to get the

Pagemaker 7.0 - this will run on both Windows Systems, on 32 and 64 bit. I have it on running on Win 7 32 bit and Win 7 64 bit.

Once you have your data transferred frrom Pagemaker 6.5 to Pagemaker 7.0, you can transform to the higher Windows version.

Transoforming Pagemaker 6.5 to Pagemaker 7.0 may need some adjustment in the way your text runs, otherwise the page layout will need some attention to fix everything . . .

I hope this will help with this and similar issues. The pagemaker is a very nce program, so far it offered me all I needed for publishing.

Matthias