Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

[Feature request] Project templates

Contributor ,
May 23, 2017 May 23, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

With this post, I would like to submit a feature request.

It would be great if users could create and use "project templates" ( a collection of html, javascript, css, php, ... files and folders). Users should be able to start a new website based on a project template.

Thanks

Ps

Another solution could be to integrate and support Maven Archetypes

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

To get your feature request in front of the DW development team (the almost never come to the user to user forum), make sure to post your idea here: Adobe Dreamweaver CC: Feature Ideas

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Jon, Thank you for your feedback. I will do that.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Are you aware of the Dreamweaver Starter Templates?  See screenshots.

CC-StarterPage.jpg

Once your document is saved, DW creates file assets and folders for you.

CC-StarterPageAssets.jpg

Nancy

Nancy O'Shea— Product User, Community Expert & Moderator
Alt-Web Design & Publishing ~ Web : Print : Graphics : Media

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

https://forums.adobe.com/people/Nancy+OShea  wrote

Are you aware of the Dreamweaver Starter Templates?  See screenshots.

Are you aware that the OP inquired about creating templates? Looking at your screenshot I do not see anything that addresses the OP's request of being able to create their own template.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

EbaySeller  wrote

Are you aware that the OP inquired about creating templates? Looking at your screenshot I do not see anything that addresses the OP's request of being able to create their own template.

Maybe you have this confused with another question

As I read this, the OP is asking about Project Templates.  If you used the feature (which I kind of doubt), you would know that starter templates are essentially a project package that DW creates.

Nancy

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No confusion here, but I think you're still missing it. See here what Op asked. The key word is "create".

It would be great if users could create and use "project templates"

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

See Jon's reply to a possibly related discussion.

[CC2017] How to create custom starter templates ?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

The possibility of Dw incorporating the ability to create and work with projects, in which all the required 'starter' material defined by a user is available from the start, (and available/configurable across multiple projects) has been discussed since CS6, and again more recently between myself and one or two others via the forums PM system, and emails.

I don't know if it will ever actually happen, but the others involved are i think part of the Dw pre-release, (or possibly CAB group) so even though i would not recommend the pre-release too none Dw users, (not using Dw as main dev. environment) if you are interested in discussing this further then joining the pre-release would be your best option.

Inayal, in your git related post, posted a link for the pre-release, which you or anyone else interested could use. It is certainly too late to get features not already planned into a release for this year, but if you start a discussion on the subject, others are interested, and the pre-release forum is the place to get your ideas better known.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines