• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Appending a shape to the end of a line path

New Here ,
May 23, 2017 May 23, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My problem: A character I am animating is made up of shapes and lines. The lines are arms and legs, and the shapes are body, hands, head, feet.

Question: I have been looking for a method to attach the hands/feet to the end of the arms/legs respectively. I would like to "parent" the coordinates of the hands/feet to the x/y coordinates of the end of each arm/leg's line path. Is there a way to do this using the gui, and if not, is there a way to do this by writing a script?

Thank you. Apologies if this has been asked before, i searched and didn't find anything.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

LEGEND , May 23, 2017 May 23, 2017

There is no such function. It needs to be done with plug-ins or indeed scripts, which means real scripts, not expressions. Check AEScripts for some tools (which you may need to buy).

Mylenium

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There is no such function. It needs to be done with plug-ins or indeed scripts, which means real scripts, not expressions. Check AEScripts for some tools (which you may need to buy).

Mylenium

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thanks for the answer! That is what i figured. I am semi-familiar with JavaScript but do not know how to pull path information from After Effects and add it to another layer's position coordinates so this is really what I am looking for.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines