Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Still Having Issues With Ae17 Not Starting

Explorer ,
May 23, 2017 May 23, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ae17 (14.2.0.198)

After upgrading to '17 (about 10 days ago), after first starting my system in the morning, Ae would not load/run. All I got was the cursor wait circle, but nothing came up on the screen. After restarting my system, everything worked fine for the rest of the day, no matter how many times I was in/out of Ae. After three days of that, Ae suddenly starting loading after first starting my system, which was nice. After another 2-3 days, Ae wouldn't run again, and I'd be forced to restart my system.

Here's what I have done:

I tried to delete preferences using Ctrl-Alt-Shift while Ae is loading, or attempting to load, but that doesn't seem to work because I don't get the prompt asking me if I want to delete preferences. So I uninstalled Ae, but left preferences alone. Then restarted my system. Still had the same problems. So I uninstalled Ae again, but this time I deleted my preferences. Restarted my system. Pretty much the same problem, have to restart my system a second time to get Ae to run, only now, Ae will occasionally not start even after having used it a few times during the day forcing me to restart my system yet again.

When this happens, I know Ae is loaded (or appears to be) because I couldn't uninstall without getting a message that said I must first close Ae, forcing another restart to accomplish that before I could uninstall. Plus, I noticed that after installing/updating, when I tried to pin Ae to my Taskbar, all I would get was a little white square instead of the Ae icon. I'd have to restart again in order to get the Ae icon on my Taskbar. Oh, and I didn't/don't have this problem with any of the other Adobe apps, all of which have the most recent update.

This has become very frustrating. What should I do now?

BTW, my system info is in my profile.

George

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

People's Champ , May 23, 2017 May 23, 2017

This is a user forum, not a place to get technical assistance from "Adobe".   There are likely wayyyyy too many possible variables for someone to take a guess at what is causing your issue.   Contact Adobe phone support and let them take remote control of your system and attempt to trouble shoot.   Click the Adobe logo at the upper left of the page.  That will take you to your account page where, if you look carefully, you will see a little icon of a telephone operator and the words "contact us"

Votes

Translate

Translate
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That's it? Nothing but silence from Adobe.

Just deal with it?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
People's Champ ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is a user forum, not a place to get technical assistance from "Adobe".   There are likely wayyyyy too many possible variables for someone to take a guess at what is causing your issue.   Contact Adobe phone support and let them take remote control of your system and attempt to trouble shoot.   Click the Adobe logo at the upper left of the page.  That will take you to your account page where, if you look carefully, you will see a little icon of a telephone operator and the words "contact us".

Thanks for playing the game of life.

~Gutterfish

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jun 21, 2017 Jun 21, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for the info. Appreciate it. (sorry for the delay, but just now seeing your response)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

do you have any fonts that you have installed? AE wouldn't start for me for a while, but i uninstalled fonts and it opened? weird thing, but try it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Yes, I have installed a few other fonts, about a year ago. Didn't have this issue with the prior version, though. Plus, I am using one of those fonts in a Pr/Ae project I am currently working on.

As I mentioned in another thread, I can now open Ae as long as it is the first app I open after starting my system in the morning. As long as I leave it open, along with Pr, I can at least get my work done.

I see there is another Ae update available now; maybe that will improve things a bit. If all else fails, after I complete my current project, I will uninstall the fonts to see if that works.

Thanks for the suggestion!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines