• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Strange Interface Appearance

Participant ,
May 23, 2017 May 23, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When I try to click on a menu item such as View or Help, and try to scroll down the list, the cursor jumps to another menu item and you can't keep the cursor on the menu long enough to select anything.

Also, the font used in the interface is so tiny that it's barely readable. Is this a function of my screen resolution? I'm running Windows 10  on a Dell laptop but FM17 ran just fine on a Lenovo laptop.

As it stands right now, I can't use FM17 for anything - it's pretty much useless. FM15 let you select small or large icons, etc. Was that removed in FM17?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
May 24, 2017 May 24, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Urthie2011:

Yes, the ability to select larger icons was removed from 2017. I'm not sure why—I know a lot of people appreciated the option.

What is your Windows 10 scaling set to? (Right-click the desktop and choose Display Settings.) If it isn't 100%, try resetting it to 100% and restart FrameMaker. Does that make a difference? I don't recall seeing this issue reported on FrameMaker before, but I have seen it on the CC forums, and it is typically rectified by changing the Windows scaling factor or the display resolution.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, that did help - the Dell laptop has a very high-resolution screen compared to the Lenovo. I use remote desktop to access it from my iMac with a 27" screen. I liked the larger icon option, and I will see if I can do something with the fonts used by Windows.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I wonder if that is where the problem is coming from? Accessing the 27 inch screen from your HiPDI laptop? Support for HiDPI displays is new to FameMaker 2017, and FrameMaker automatically scales to the resolution.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines