5 Replies Latest reply on May 24, 2017 3:32 PM by trshaner

Nik Colledtion on Lightroom 5 (Windows)

jaypeee

Hey there,

Could someone help me? I Downloaded Nik Collection onto my computer however, I can't seem to use it could someone help? I have attached a photo. The software is in grey and I can't seem to use it. Thanks in advance !

• 1. Re: Nik Colledtion on Lightroom 5 (Windows)
          wobertc Adobe Community Professional

First step might be to open Preferences > External Editing,  and check that all the options for external programs are current and correct.

I note it is also odd that "Edit in Photoshop" is also greyed out. So you may have a greater problem that just Nik programs missing.

Have you ever used the option to "Store Presets with the Catalog" in the preferences?

• 2. Re: Nik Colledtion on Lightroom 5 (Windows)
            jaypeee Level 1

First step might be to open Preferences > External Editing,  and check that all the options for external programs are current and correct.

Did that no change. I removed and created new options with Nik both 64 and normal .exe files Still didn't help

I note it is also odd that "Edit in Photoshop" is also greyed out. So you may have a greater problem that just Nik programs missing.

I did not install photoshop maybe that's why.

Have you ever used the option to "Store Presets with the Catalog" in the preferences?

Just ticked the box but no change.

Thanks for your reply

Issue still not resolved

• 3. Re: Nik Colledtion on Lightroom 5 (Windows)
              wobertc Adobe Community Professional

Just another thought-  You do have an image selected in the library grid view?

Without an image selected, I see the same 'greyed out' menu as in your screen-clip.

When the box is checked to "Store Presets with the Catalog" then some people have a problem.

The reason being that Nik will install in the 'Global' location for presets, and when the option is checked Lr looks for presets within the catalog folder location.(and they are not there).

Although this does not seem the case for you as we can see the Nik program links in the menu (greyed out).

Can you show us a screen-clip of the Preferences / External Editors /panel with a Nik program selected in the preset box?

Like this-

ScreenShot283.jpg

• 4. Re: Nik Colledtion on Lightroom 5 (Windows)
                jaypeee Level 1

Just another thought-  You do have an image selected in the library grid view?

Without an image selected, I see the same 'greyed out' menu as in your screen-clip.

Yes I did that but no change.

Can you show us a screen-clip of the Preferences / External Editors /panel with a Nik program selected in the preset box?

Like this-

Attached below.

Thanks for helping !

• 5. Re: Nik Colledtion on Lightroom 5 (Windows)
                  trshaner Adobe Community Professional & MVP

Make sure the image file(s) are not "missing," with an ! exclamation icon in the upper right hand corner.