• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Link renamed folder to photos in LR

Community Beginner ,
May 24, 2017 May 24, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am new to LR and need help. I previously used Aperture. When I set up LR, I put my master/originals in a "LR Photos" file on an external hard drive. I now want to put in folders by dates (LR Photos - 2017, 2018, etc.). I do not want to manually change the path on each photo in LR to relink the photos from the folder to the images in LR. Can anyone give me advice on how to make this a painless procedure? Thanks tons.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , May 24, 2017 May 24, 2017
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Take a look here:

https://www.lightroomqueen.com/lightroom-photos-missing-fix/

https://www.lightroomqueen.com/articles-page/move-photos-another-hard-drive-leaving-catalog/

Axel

My System: Intel i7-8700K - 64GB RAM - NVidia Geforce RTX 3060 - Windows 10 Pro 22H2 -- LR-Classic 13.2 - Photoshop 25.6 - Nik Collection 6.9 - PureRAW 4 - Topaz Photo AI 2

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Go to the library module in Lightroom and rename LR Photos to whatever you want to name it in the left-hand panel. In Windows you can right-click on the folder and choose the Rename option. On the Mac, use whatever the equivalent of right-click is to do the same thing.

If you have already renamed the folder using your operating system, then Lightroom is probably still showing the old folder name, LR Photos. If that is the case, then right-click on it and choose the option to update the folder location. In the window that appears to locate the new folder name and choose it. That will update the location of all the subfolders and all the images within that new folder name.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

okiephotag  wrote

I am new to LR and need help. I previously used Aperture. When I set up LR, I put my master/originals in a "LR Photos" file on an external hard drive. I now want to put in folders by dates (LR Photos - 2017, 2018, etc.). I do not want to manually change the path on each photo in LR to relink the photos from the folder to the images in LR. Can anyone give me advice on how to make this a painless procedure? Thanks tons.

It's really unclear what you want to do here. It sounds as if you have photos in LR Photos folder (not "file") and you want to put FUTURE photos into folders by dates. if so, there's absolutely no problem putting future photos into whatever folders you want.

But, please clear this up, tell us exactly and in great detail what you plan to do (or have already done).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines