Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

'Normalize all peaks to' multiple clips gain problem

Explorer ,
May 24, 2017 May 24, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

I'm experiencing another(!!!) bug since the recent updates. When I select multiple clips and try to 'normalize all peaks to' any number of db, it won't work. The gain remains the same. When I select one clip and 'normalize all peaks to' it works just fine. This problem didn't occur before. Any ideas?

Note: I'm aware of the new Essential Sound panel and the Auto-Match function, I just prefer this workflow when I'm in a quick edit and don't want to switch workspaces everytime.

I'm on a MacBook Pro (Retina, 15-inch, Mid 2014), 2,5 GHz Intel Core i7,

working with Premiere Pro CC 2017.1.1

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jun 03, 2017 Jun 03, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I also have this issue even when only one clip is selected. This started occurring to me after the most recent emergency update. For what it's worth, I'm running Premiere on the newest version of MacOS.

I haven't learned to use the Essential Sound panel yet and this was the fastest way to get the job done.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, it was after the most recent updates. And that was not the only bug that occured. I posted and reacted to several problems to this forum and placed bug reports. But no answer, nothing.

I like the updates, but please keep the basic stuff stable. It looks like with every new feature, more and more bugs are occurring. As a paying customer who makes a living with Adobe products this is very frustrating.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is also my bread and butter. Adobe has been 50/50 with fixing issues. The last version would crash if you cut a clip during sequence playback, or if you clicked the stopwatch to remove existing keyframes from an item. Both of those issues were resolved with this update.

On the flip side, they still haven't fixed the Denoiser issue plaguing PPro for years, even with the new Adaptive Noise Reduction effect.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Jun 21, 2017 Jun 21, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same here. So irritating. A couple months ago it was broken and reading clips with gains of ~ -230, now it's broken and won't normalize more than one clip at a time. I love the new features and normally am pretty content with Premiere but lately, I've been finding a lot of problems that are getting pretty frustrating. Bug report time....

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,
Jun 22, 2017 Jun 22, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Add me to the list. I noticed the problem after the update that introduced the Essential Sound panel. I also prefer quickly selecting multiple clips along a track and using the gain shortcut to normalize all peaks. It's something I do in every project, so it not working now is obnoxious, but what else is new. Every time there's an update, something that was important to me either gets removed or broken.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Apr 30, 2018 Apr 30, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Experiencing the same problem on and off now when attempting to normalize individual clips.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 30, 2019 Apr 30, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

same problem here, but I found a way that is working for me: I select a bunch of clips in the timeline (no matter how many), then open "audio gain" dialog. I wait for the "peak amplitude" (from the bottom of the dialog) to be calculated before I introduce the wanted value in "normalize all peaks". Once  "peak amplitude" value is displayed I introduce the value i need and...that's it. Hope i was clear enough

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,
Jul 29, 2019 Jul 29, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Even though this is old, I figured I'd update this with a workaround. When I select all clips that I want to use the gain shortcut on then set the gain to 0 first (even though it's already at 0 because I did nothing to them yet) and apply that, then do gain again and choose normalize etc, it works fine, just like it used to.

I don't know why setting the gain to 0 first helps when the gain hasn't been altered in the first place, but it was a suggestion I found in a video somewhere that actually worked.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 30, 2021 Sep 30, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

THIS SOLVED MY PROBLEM THANK YOU

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines