• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

I need to be able to write to an existing PDF document using Microsoft Access. Which SDK do I need to purchase?

New Here ,
May 24, 2017 May 24, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I need to be able to write to an existing PDF document using Microsoft Access.  Which SDK do I need to purchase?

TOPICS
Acrobat SDK and JavaScript

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What do you mean by “write”? Add new pages? Merge documents? Add comments? Fill in forms? Other?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I need to be able to fill in text boxes on an existing PDF form using data generated from queries in Microsoft Access.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The Acrobat SDK is free and allows you to write software to open a PDF, fill in form fields, save and close; but you must buy Acrobat for each user. Is this for server use though? Acrobat not suitable for that.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Here is the full scenario:  I need to write an Access app that will allow an administrator to partially fill in an existing PDF with data from Access.  The app would then allow her to email the PDF to a client, and the client would need to be able to type into the PDF from their keyboard, and return by email.  The developer would need the Acrobat SDK.  What version of Acrobat would each user need to be able to type into the PDF?  What version would the administrator need to be able to run the Access app?

Thanks.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

The Admin needs Adobe Acrobat DC while the users will only need Adobe Acrobat Reader.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines