• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Locking inserted text so that it cannot be edited by document recipient

New Here ,
May 24, 2017 May 24, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello all, I hope someone can help with my confusion.

I have created a form from a PDF and would also like to insert additional text.  I obviously know how to do that, but where I struggle is with restricting editing permissions for that inserted text.  This may be very unclear so let me walk through the steps:  1) Create form from PDF, 2) Create fillable fields, 3) Insert text.  My problem is that, when I save the completed document and send, the recipient is able not only to fill in the fields but also to edit the inserted text.

Can anyone explain to me how to allow document recipients to complete the fillable fields but NOT to edit the inserted text?  Thank you!

TOPICS
PDF forms

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Engaged ,
May 24, 2017 May 24, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi savannahphilharmonic,

One way would be to selectively flatten only the fields that you don't want anyone to be able to change, but there is nothing built-into Acrobat that does selective flattening.  We have a custom automation tool for doing that with a description here-

Selective Flatten Tool Description

Hope this helps,

Dimitri

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines