• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Automatic language change in cloud app

Community Beginner ,
May 24, 2017 May 24, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Every time the cloud app is updated, the selected language reverts back to the system default which in my and I imagine many other cases in not English speaking countries is different from preferred app language. So when you are not aware of that and continue updating the installed Adobe apps, you end up having to uninstall, change the language and reinstall everything again.

Is there a technical reason for why the preferred language isn´t stored in the cloud or there isn´t at least a warning when updating into another language or you can simply change languages in app via the preference tab?

I believe those would be 3 excellent solutions for a very annoying behaviour of your software. I´d really appreciate it if you´d implement at least one of them in the future.

TOPICS
Creative Cloud

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
May 25, 2017 May 25, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Michaelk32149943 thank you very much for the feedback.  What type of a Creative Cloud membership do you have?  If you have a Creative Cloud for Team or Enterprise membership then it is possible to manage the language, of the applications and updates, that are deployed to your computer.

I understand individuals often wish to have their Adobe applications in the language which they initially learned the applications.  If you do have a Creative Cloud for Individual membership then is there a reason that you are unable to change the language of the operating system?  This would allow for a seamless workflow between the operating system and the creative applications.  If you can provide more details on why this is not possible it would be appreciated.

We do default with operating system language, currently, because the assumption is that the language used by the operating system is the language you wish to utilize for your installed applications.  Due to current installation workflow, discussed at Download and install Creative Cloud apps​, the option is not given to adjust your language at the time of the installation.  As you correctly identified Michaelk32149943 you do need to make this adjustment within the Adobe Creative Cloud desktop application if you wish to utilize a different language.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jun 25, 2017 Jun 25, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for your reply, Jeff. I do have an individual membership.

While there are lots of applications in English on my computer, it is located in the German time zone, with a German keyboard attached, German spell checking as a standard and quite honestly, I am used to using Windows in my native language. Why would I change that?

With professional applications, however, it is a different story and the fact that I learned the Adobe suite in English is in this case rather secondary to me. The main reason is the vast difference in the number of online resources and tutorials. There is so much information which references the English application and the translation isn´t always that intuitive (Verkrümmungsstabilisierung, anyone?), that it would be literally counter-productive to use everything but the English version. A lot of colleagues think the same and since the cloud app logs into the Adobe account for app installation anyway, what's the problem in storing the preferred language setting there instead of forcing your customers to switch it manually in the 3rd sub menu on the right on every re-install?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jun 26, 2017 Jun 26, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thanks for the additional details Michaelk32149943.  I would recommend bookmarking Release notes for the Adobe Creative Cloud desktop app for details regarding the enhancements being implemented to the Creative Cloud desktop app with each release.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines