Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Saving one-page PDF with one art-board multiplied

New Here ,
May 24, 2017 May 24, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi all,

I've only had illustrator for a few days, so I'm still finding my way around everything.

I know how to save multiple artboards or only one artboard to PDF, but I can't work out how to save one artboard duplicated on the one PDF page.

For example, if I had a 5x7" invitation, and I save it to PDF, it will only save the invitation in the middle of the page. What if I want to save paper, and fit two of this invitation on the page with crop marks? I've looked into 'page tiling' briefly, but in my view I only have PRINT TILING, and I'm not even really sure what that does LOL. It didn't seem to alter how my PDF/artboard was saved.

Cheers

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , May 25, 2017 May 25, 2017

https://forums.adobe.com/people/Evie+Kay  schrieb

When I follow your instructions, I just get a duplicate of the artboard right there in illustrator. That's not what I want.

Illustrator has no options to do this on export or printing.

So unless your printer supports this kind of output, you won't get it in the way you want to. And even when you can do it with your printer driver, this might bypass Illustrator's printing control.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
Community Expert ,
May 25, 2017 May 25, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

group all your elements

create crop marks with the effect

apply the transform effect to duplicate - you'll need to do that twice in order to fill the artboard.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you, I managed to group and add crop marks, but I don't see duplicate.

If I go to Effect > Distort and Transform, this option isn't there.

If I right-click on the artboard and go to Transform, it's not there either.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In't in Effect > Distort & Transform > Transform

You need to enter a value for moving and then at the bottom enter the number of copies.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So I'm not sure if I made myself clear, or if I'm not understanding exactly what your instructions are telling me.

When I follow your instructions, I just get a duplicate of the artboard right there in illustrator. That's not what I want.

I just one a 5x7" design (let's say it's Artboard 01), I want to save it as PDF and tell illustrator to save 2 x artboard 01 onto a 11.5 x 8.5" PDF page.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

https://forums.adobe.com/people/Evie+Kay  schrieb

Illustrator has no options to do this on export or printing.

So unless your printer supports this kind of output, you won't get it in the way you want to. And even when you can do it with your printer driver, this might bypass Illustrator's printing control.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thank you, I just figured this out the more I tried clearing up in my own mind LOL.

In short, I want the artboard to be 5x7 but I want my PDF page to be 11.5 x 8.5 with 2 of my artboards per page.

The work-around that I've found (for future people searching for this solution):

1. Duplicate the artboard

2. Save both artboards to PDF with Save As > PDF > Use Artboards > Range (in my case 1, 9)

3. Open the PDF that just saved

4. Print > Print to PDF > Set the printer settings to 2 or 4 per page (however many you can fit on your printer page size)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines