4 Replies Latest reply on May 30, 2017 1:49 PM by Rick Soldin

Second monitor cursor dragging (jumpy) over pallets

Rick Soldin Level 1

I run a 2-monitor system with the latest Mac OS 10.12.5 (iMac late 2015, 3.3 GHz Intel Core i7, 16gb ram) and the current Adobe InDesign 2017 software. I keep my pallets on the second monitor (Viewsonic VX2370). I have had the setup for about a year. The second monitor is connected to the iMac with an Insignia™ - Mini DisplayPort-to-HDMI Adapter to an HDMI cable.

When I move my cursor over to a pallet to select something it gets really hesitant, draggy or jumpy. It's frustrating to move into the pallet area as it delays the movement of the cursor. Once I am out of the pallet area on the second monitor or move the cursor to the main monitor it moves as it should.

I have changed the settings for the monitor in the preferences which doesn't change the problem. I have researched the problem on the web and haven't found anything related to the problem.

I have been through all the Mac OS updates since I purchased the iMac in June 2016. I don't have any cursor dragging with any other software only Adobe. I use InDesign, Photoshop, and Illustrator the most with all 3 doing the same thing.

I am asking if anyone has had this problem or knows of a solution.

Thank you,

Rick