Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Multi-cam Audio Only on One Channel

Enthusiast ,
May 25, 2017 May 25, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Guys

I'm using CC 17.11.01 with MXF footage from my Sony PXW Z150 and .MOV from my Canon 550D.

I've used Multi-cam a number of times and it's saved me a lot of time, but I've had to stop using it with my MXF footage as I can only get audio out of just one channel. I cannot see where I am going wrong as the settings seem the same as my earlier projects. I have tried leaving all four MXF channels and only having 2, but nothing seems to make any difference.

Can anyone shed any light on anything obvious?

Regards,

Graham

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

LEGEND , May 30, 2017 May 30, 2017

I work with Sony X70 footage and Premiere wants to import the .mxf files with 4 mono channels (which makes no sense as the camera can at most record 2 channels...). After importing my clips (using Media Browser) and prior to putting any clips in timeline sequence, I multi-select the clips in the Project Bin, and right-click and select Modify > Audio Channels.

I set to Format to Stereo, and Number of Clips to 1. That gives me a single stereo track to work with. Hope this helps

Thanks

Jeff Pulera

Safe

Votes

Translate

Translate
Enthusiast ,
May 28, 2017 May 28, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Any ideas anyone or do I need to supply more info?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What audio is being recorded?  Nat sound on both channels via camera's built-in mic?  Lavaliere input?  Something else?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Jim, thanks. I record shotgun to channel 1 and Lavaliere to channel 2 on my Z150. When ingested to Pr that plays as a1 for the shotgun and a2 for the lapel mic. When I play the clip before mult-cam, both a1 and a2 channels play.

When I set up multi-cam with footage from my canon 550D, I sync using audio and point tracking to a 1. Previously that worked fine with my old Sony HVR Z1. Is there a problem as the audio is split between a1 and a2 (with the Z1, both recorded channels were on a1 alone).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Got it.

By default, only A1 is heard during multicam editing.  To overcome this, try creating the sequence via the Manual Multi-Camera Method.

For step 4, only choose the Video portion of the nested sequence to Enable.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,
May 30, 2017 May 30, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for the link, Jim. I've not been able to try that solution yet due to other project work. It's a shame there's no other work around because auto-syncing tracks saved a lot of time when lining-up footage from two or more cameras (which I found normally more accurate because sometimes it can be difficult to manually nudge the tracks exactly into sync). It would be good if Adobe could create some other auto options for doing this - but probably easier said than done).

Regards,

Graham

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

auto-syncing tracks saved a lot of time when lining-up footage from two or more cameras

I've found that I can usually do it faster than PP's auto sync, especially with really long takes like a 1 hour wedding ceremony or a 2 hour stage performance.

I've also found that PluralEyes version 4, working directly inside of PP, does the job better than PP alone.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks, Jim. I tried Pluraeyes, but it didn't seem to work so stuck with Pr multi-cam. If I try PE4, will that allow me to sync with the two channels?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There's a free trial for version 4.  Give it a go.

(Use the one that works inside of PP, not the separate program.)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I work with Sony X70 footage and Premiere wants to import the .mxf files with 4 mono channels (which makes no sense as the camera can at most record 2 channels...). After importing my clips (using Media Browser) and prior to putting any clips in timeline sequence, I multi-select the clips in the Project Bin, and right-click and select Modify > Audio Channels.

I set to Format to Stereo, and Number of Clips to 1. That gives me a single stereo track to work with. Hope this helps

Thanks

Jeff Pulera

Safe Harbor

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,
Jun 01, 2017 Jun 01, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks, Jeff. I'll give that a try!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,
Jun 30, 2017 Jun 30, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks, Jeff. Belated update. I tried your solution and it worked for my purposes.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,
Aug 30, 2017 Aug 30, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've been following Jeff's suggestion of Stereo/ clips 1 and I've had no problems across several multicam sequences. See the screenshot of my settings and the multicam sequence timeline below:

AdobeScreenShot1a.jpg

AdobeScreenShot2.jpg

Although the modified clip still plays balanced between left and right channels, all of a sudden only the right channel plays again in the multicam sequence and nothing is coming from the left channel, regardless of what I try in the 'modify' settings. I have even exported the audio into Au, created a mono clip and re-imported that clip back into the sequence. But even that only plays out of the right channel...

Has any one any ideas why or what solution I can try?

Regards,

Graham

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,
Aug 30, 2017 Aug 30, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi guys. Any ideas on my follow-up question or should I open a new thread?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,
Sep 18, 2017 Sep 18, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi guys

Anyone out there any thoughts on my supplementary channel problem question?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Mar 31, 2020 Mar 31, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

THAT WORKED! THANK YOU!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines