• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Scrolling end credits

Explorer ,
May 25, 2017 May 25, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can someone please explain to me how I now create scrolling end credits for a film with the so-called "Essential Graphics" panel?

I've spent two hours trying to create a large text box which scrolls onto and then off the screen but that creates a weird mask where the bottom of the initial text box hit the screen boundary which hides half the text. Rubbish.

I thought something like this would be, frankly, made easier by this new-fangled "Essential Graphics" and is something that ALL VLEs I've used provide. And now I've updated to 2017.1 I've lost the Title panel, which for all its faults, at least allowed me to do simple tasks like this. All the "credits" in this "Essential Graphics" travesty are like poster credits and therefore completely useless in a VLE.

Anyone know how to do this?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

LEGEND , May 25, 2017 May 25, 2017

To use the old title tool, go to the menu File > New > Legacy Title.

The roll/crawl button is  in the upper left corner.

RollCrawl Button in Leg Title.png

MtD

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,
May 25, 2017 May 25, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

To use the old title tool, go to the menu File > New > Legacy Title.

The roll/crawl button is  in the upper left corner.

RollCrawl Button in Leg Title.png

MtD

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,
May 26, 2017 May 26, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks MtD.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks, Ann.

So there isn't a way to do it with "Essential Graphics" - hardly essential then eh?

P.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It's still a work in progress.  That's why the Legacy Titler is still there.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hmmm, I'm not sure I want to be paying for releases of software that contain works in progress. It's actually a bit horrible to use too. No constraining, no aligning of objects to each other, two different ways of doing text - one creates a scalable text box while the tool creates a text box a la Photoshop. It smacks to me of something that's been rushed out for a release.

It feels pretty poor to me to be releasing incomplete software. It's not like there isn't a tonne of bugs that still need addressing. Do those first I say, stop messing with the functionality...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 09, 2018 Apr 09, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

How do you even open Essential Graphics...I get a clack screen when I click on graphics.  Not allowed to use legacy titles for this assignment

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Apr 09, 2018 Apr 09, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hit Reset to Saved Layout a couple of times.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines