• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Problem selecting layers

Enthusiast ,
May 26, 2017 May 26, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've been working on a file.  I have suddenly lost the ability to select individual layers in that file; i.e., selecting a layer does not highlight the layer.  I can toggle the visibility of the layer; however,  alt+click will not hide all other layers.  I can not activate a mask on a layer.  Strangely, I can click on a layer, then shift+click on some other layer in the stack to select (and highlight) a group of layers.  If I duplicate that group into a new document, all operations are normal (highlight a single layer, move from image to mask, alt+click, etc.).  So, it's something to do with that particular file. No layers are locked.  No auto select.

I can easily work around by just duplicating all layers into a new document.  Then, everything is back to normal.  But I would like to know what might be causing the problem just to further my understanding.  Any insight would be greatly appreciated.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , May 27, 2017 May 27, 2017

You seem to have activated Quick Mask Mode (Q).

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Could you please post a screenshot taken at View > 100% and with the pertinent Panels (Layers, Channels, Options Bar, …) visible?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for the reply.  The first image is from a 4K screen, the second may be easier to read.

ScreenShot_SelectionProblem.JPG

ScreenShot2_LayerSelection.JPG

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
May 27, 2017 May 27, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You seem to have activated Quick Mask Mode (Q).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,
May 27, 2017 May 27, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thanks very much.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines