1 Reply Latest reply on Oct 6, 2008 3:23 PM by pixlor

FW dropdown menu+asp.net+IE7= problems

Comehere234
      Created a dropdown menu with FW. Placed it on the master page of an asp.net website. The menu is right above the content area of the child pages. Whenever the list drops in IE7, it hides behond the content area of the child page. It displays as intended in FF. I posted this problem on a asp.net forum and was able to rule that out. My only solution at this point is to move the menu to a footer, but I want to keep it up top. I created the site with Expressions Web.
      http://www.753eod.com/testsite/default.aspx

Anyone run into this problem before? Ideas on how to fix? Would DW be a better tool for the menu, as i've read FW has code issues?

• 1. Re: FW dropdown menu+asp.net+IE7= problems
          pixlor Level 4
          quote:

Originally posted by: Comehere234
          Created a dropdown menu with FW. Placed it on the master page of an asp.net website. The menu is right above the content area of the child pages. Whenever the list drops in IE7, it hides behond the content area of the child page. It displays as intended in FF. I posted this problem on a asp.net forum and was able to rule that out. My only solution at this point is to move the menu to a footer, but I want to keep it up top. I created the site with Expressions Web.
          http://www.753eod.com/testsite/default.aspx

Anyone run into this problem before? Ideas on how to fix? Would DW be a better tool for the menu, as i've read FW has code issues?

It isn't - exactly - that Fireworks has "code issues." Fireworks is a graphics application, not a Web development application. Dreamweaver and Expression Web are Web development applications. The HTML that Fireworks produces is intended for prototypes, not live sites. So yes, you will be much better off using either Dreamweaver or Expression Web to design and build your menus rather than importing the protype-quality code from Fireworks.

For Dreamweaver, the menus at Project VII are highly recommended. At $90, they'll save you quite a bit of time.

For Expression Web, I checked Google and there are a few tutorials and plugins you can find:
          Gooogle search
          Expression Web drop-down menu tutorial
          Pluginlab plugins
          Opencube menus

Good luck!