9 Replies Latest reply on May 27, 2017 1:33 PM by Bob Somrak

Lightroom does not apply 'Original' aspect ratio on import with default settings

ivanz73618070

So someone at Canon decided that all shots made in live view should be cropped to 16:9. Maybe there's some sense in this, not for me anyway. I always change crop setting from 'As Shot' to 'Original' to get those parts on the sides. I was doing that manually for a while but then when my wife started using my camera and take a lot of pics in Live View it became tedious so I searched for an automated solution. There was one readily available - select Original , then alt-click Reset button to update default settings. That seemed cool.

However next time I imported photos the setting was not applied. I had to click Reset. This still beats selecting it manually for each and every one, but I have to remember doing that right after import otherwise I may be reverting some edits. Is there a way to make sure 'Original' is applied at import automatically? I searched the web but there doesn't seem to be an answer - or I can't just make a proper query for my question.

I'm using Lightroom CC 2015.10.1 for Mac.