• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Soundwave Not Showing in Adobe Animate CC

New Here ,
May 26, 2017 May 26, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Does Anyone Else Have This Problem? And How do I Fix it?

So, when you add sound to a project is Adobe Animate CC, it’s supposed to show a sound wave on your timeline, like this:

But when I add sound to any project, I get this:

A tiny orange line above a single keyframe. And the line stays flat no matter how many frames or keyframes I add & no matter how many of those frames I add the audio to.

I tried uninstalling & re-installing the program, but that didn’t work. I also tried googling the error & searching the forums, but no matter how many times I tried, I couldn’t find anything about it or even remotely related to it. At first I thought it was because I was using the free trial version & that it might not have all the features. But when I actually bought the program, I still had the same problem.

I don’t want to add the audio in a second program, either, because that’s going to make lip-syncing a living nightmare.

Please. Does anyone know how to fix this?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
May 27, 2017 May 27, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You will need to add frames to your timeline to see the full extent of the sound in the timeline. Here's the help file on working with frames and keyframes: Use frames and keyframes in Adobe Animate CC

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

it looks like your sound starts in frame 9, not frame 1.  show your properties panel in that screenshot to confirm.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You need to click on the frame you want the audio on and add a bunch of frames using f5. Then click the properties menu. down in the sound menu, you will click the name drop-down menu to add your sound to the timeline. To hear the sound in the timeline you have to put it on stream. Also, make sure your sound you imported is an MP3. Hopefully, this solves your issue.

Screen Shot 2017-05-27 at 10.20.49 AM.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

nickg28  wrote

Also, make sure your sound you imported is an MP3.

Why would you advise someone to import in a lossy format? I've always imported using PCM WAVs. You get the best publish quality that way.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

He is using Canvas, and I've had problems with WAV  in Canvas. I would use MP3 in Canvas FLAs and WAV in AS3 FLAs. When Canvas publishes it makes a folder of MP3s. You can replace those with better quality sound files if you want.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In all the years I have used Adobe Flash/Animate I have always used MP3's with no quality issues. But the program has always just worked better with MP3 for me. Most everyone I know uses the MP3 as well. Plus when you publish, you can ramp up your sound publish settings for the best quality.

Screen Shot 2017-05-27 at 5.54.41 PM.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
May 28, 2017 May 28, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Quality isn't the issue with MP3, I mean, you're likely to publish to MP3 when making a SWF. What WAV is a lot better at is timeline scrubbing. If you're trying to do tight lip sync animation using Stream sync, working with WAV is a lot faster.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines