• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

General Preference Setting "Show Messages"

Contributor ,
May 27, 2017 May 27, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This item "Show Messages" is unchecked and greyed out in the General tab of the Preferences window of Photoshop 2017.1.1. Is this a normal condition?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No it's enabled here :

Dave

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for the feedback. What OS are you running? I should have mentioned I am running win7 Professional 64 Bit SP1 here. That might make a difference.

Other than the selection being grayed out I can't see any particular operational issues. Do you know to what messages this setting refers?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi

Windows 10 Pro 64 bit here.

The messages are "feature messages" triggered by user actions. I think they are supposed to pop up once only to introduce new features the first time you use them. I use Photoshop so much that I rarely see them.

Dave

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I don't think I've ever seen them either. Once in awhile I see tool-tips and and some warning messages that can be defeated on a one-off basis if you want after viewing. I've never been referred to a tutorial or had a video pop up as a result of doing something within the program. That would be a nuisance from my perspective. Maybe that's why I don't have the option to turn on "show messages." 🙂

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines