Exit

Elements 15 doesn't load

New Here ,
May 27, 2017 May 27, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

I have photoshop elements and premier elements 15

They have worked fine. Now if I click video editor, it just does nothing. It looks like it is loading but it never does.

Photo elements opens fine.

Windows 10.

i5 2300

10g ram

2T hardrive

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Explorer , May 29, 2017 May 29, 2017

Sometimes after a lot of use the program develops corrupted files.

Uninstall the program and download and install a new one (same version as the one you own). This sounds radical but is not, since all your projects and preferences are saved and it takes about as much time as troubleshooting. 

Votes

Translate

Translate
Explorer ,
May 29, 2017 May 29, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sometimes after a lot of use the program develops corrupted files.

Uninstall the program and download and install a new one (same version as the one you own). This sounds radical but is not, since all your projects and preferences are saved and it takes about as much time as troubleshooting. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

jazztomato  wrote

Sometimes after a lot of use the program develops corrupted files.javascript:;

In six years of use with several versions, as well as participating on this forum for the same time, I've never heard of that!   Nor have I ever had a corrupted Premiere Elements file. 

No, I'm not trying to argue the point.  Instead, if someone of no experience with Premiere Elements reads this, it seems they should not be left with the impression that use causes corruption.   

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It is my experience. If all else fails....

On Mon, May 29, 2017 at 11:35 AM, whsprague <forums_noreply@adobe.com>

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

jazztomato  wrote

It is my experience. If all else fails....

On Mon, May 29, 2017 at 11:35 AM, whsprague <forums_noreply@adobe.com>

Yes!  Any software may need to get re-installed.  But, not because of excessive use!

Another approach from Adobe is:

Restore default preferences

Preference settings control how Photoshop Elements Editor displays images, cursors, and transparencies, saves files, uses plug‑ins and scratch disks, and so on. If the application exhibits unexpected behavior, the preferences file could be damaged. You can restore all preferences to their defaults.

Note: Deleting the preferences file is an action that cannot be undone.

Do one of the following:

Press and hold Alt+Control+Shift (Mac: Option+Command+Shift) immediately after Photoshop Elements begins launching. Click Yes to delete the Adobe Photoshop Elements settings file.

Go to Edit > Preferences (Mac: Photoshop Elements > Preferences > General), click the Reset Preferences on next launch button, and then click OK. When you restart Adobe Photoshop Elements, all preferences are reset to default settings.

A new preferences file is created the next time you start Photoshop Elements Editor. For information on a specific preference option, search for the preference name in Help.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 30, 2017 May 30, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi. I tried to above steps to try to reset preferences but it did not solve the issue. My case is slightly different than in the original post -organizer and video editor work but the photo editor will no longer load. I am also working in Windows 10. Thank you

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I need to also add, the organizer opens but the drop down menus no longer work.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks, I guess I will just have to re install and see if it works.

On Tue, May 30, 2017 at 4:08 PM christene1423 <forums_noreply@adobe.com>

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Uninstall the current copy, reboot, then install new copy. Can't hurt.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I understood the original problem was with video editing, Premier, not PhotoShop.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks!

Thanks, all!

I will try the above mentioned solutions. It will probably be this weekend until I get the chance to do this, with the schedule this week.

Yes, it seems the photo editor and the organizer seem to work fine. It is just the video editor that doesn't open.

The program doesn't lock. The blue "Cylon eye" goes back and forth, and if I then try to close, it will close without any error, or if I click the Photo editor tab from the original screen, it immediately opens switches and starts.

I tried tried the alt+contro+shift method, and nothing happened. I don't think it is even trying to load, or maybe it doesn't work the same with Premier.

I will update when I have tried the re-install.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for your response. I will try to re-install this weekend.

I had Elements Combo 10 until this year when I upgraded. It was working

fine just a few weeks ago.

JG

On Mon, May 29, 2017 at 12:32 PM jazztomato <forums_noreply@adobe.com>

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks, all!

I will try the above mentioned solutions. It will probably be this weekend until I get the chance to do this, with the schedule this week.

Yes, it seems the photo editor and the organizer seem to work fine. It is just the video editor that doesn't open.

The program doesn't lock. The blue "Cylon eye" goes back and forth, and if I then try to close, it will close without any error, or if I click the Photo editor tab from the original screen, it immediately opens switches and starts.

I tried tried the alt+contro+shift method, and nothing happened. I don't think it is even trying to load, or maybe it doesn't work the same with Premier.

I will update when I have tried the re-install.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 11, 2017 Jun 11, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you! I finally had time to do it, and it worked.

You are right, it seems extreme, like throwing the old one away, and getting a new one, but it worked, and my old .prel's are working fine.

It's weird how it opens one day, and not the next. I wonder if ADOBE knows of this instability?

I appreciate all of your responses, and thanks again for your time and help.

JG

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jun 11, 2017 Jun 11, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm delighted to hear. I know, last ditch effort if all else fails. However, it's surprisingly simple and fast when you finally resign to do it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,
Jun 12, 2017 Jun 12, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When updating an OS (Mac or MS), you may find a lot of programs don't work quite the same.  At the same time, any number of files may be corrupted because of any combination of interactions with your computer, other programs on your computer or your computer's OS update. By uninstalling and re-installing a program, you throw out all of the corrupted files and replace them with brand new ones. It's still Spring; so you may want to do a 'spring cleaning' of your most frequently used applications. In my case, it's a corrupted music file--just a single tune in the Adobe Premier Elements Library. I have no idea exactly how or when it happened, but it did. Uninstall and Re-install, and "Presto Chango" got my tune back.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 12, 2017 Jun 12, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thanks.

I didn't update OS's, but of course MS continually releases "updates" so

that could have done it. I did upgrade from PE/PS 10 to PS/PE 15 but like I

had mentioned, 15 had worked fine until suddenly it didn't. I had no luck

contacting Adobe support, so I posted here, and I really appreciate all of

the tips.

JG

On Mon, Jun 12, 2017 at 4:10 AM williebegoode <forums_noreply@adobe.com>

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines