• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Premier effects cant locks tracks....useless

New Here ,
May 27, 2017 May 27, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I cant believe after spending £70 on this stupid program it doesn't even have the most basic of functions for video editing. I recently changed from corel video studio as I was caught up with all the flashy advertising about this product.

First off their is no gallery like in corel VS where you can move clips from the video you are editing. So that you can move them and slot them into your video as you are going. There is the media gallery and Project assets gallery but you cant move clips you have split into either of those.

But worse off and probably one of the most basic functions is being to lock an audio track so that everytime you edit the video track it doesn't alter the audio. I have looked everywhere and cant seem to be able to find this function. when you click on the help button it just tells you about premier pro.

I am so annoyed I have bought this program which is so basic it should be free!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , May 28, 2017 May 28, 2017

billyb38707358  wrote

...i cannot see where you can choose which tracks to ripple or not. There is no topic in the help section or anywhere else I looked, except people saying that it is not able to do this. Unless you have premier pro. javascript:;

A quick google for "premiere elements ripple edit" will lead to a YouTube tutorial from Linda.com, now owned by LinkedIn which was purchased by Microsoft.   The host/teacher is Mr. Steve Grisetti, the same one that attempted to answer your post here. 

Votes

Translate

Translate
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

After reading that again.... I apologise for all the spelling mistakes. Angry typing is never a good idea lol

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It's also a bit of waste to post complaints about the program to a user to user forum. None of us designed or coded the program.

Why not contact Adobe instead?

Meantime, I don't know what you're describing as a gallery where you can slot videos in (?), but you most certainly can control which tracks do and do not ripple when you add a clip to your movie.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 28, 2017 May 28, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I posted here as when you go through the help section in your adobe account it tells you to post your problem here!

the gallery I was speaking of is exactly that a gallery on your workspace, where you can move clips from your timeline to use at a later time. With this program it seems you have to move all your clips to the end of your timeline and then move them back into place them where you want them to go.

i cannot see where you can choose which tracks to ripple or not. There is no topic in the help section or anywhere else I looked, except people saying that it is not able to do this. Unless you have premier pro.

cant see how your post has addressed anything or provided any help whatsoever.

but thanks anyway

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

billyb38707358  wrote

...i cannot see where you can choose which tracks to ripple or not. There is no topic in the help section or anywhere else I looked, except people saying that it is not able to do this. Unless you have premier pro. javascript:;

A quick google for "premiere elements ripple edit" will lead to a YouTube tutorial from Linda.com, now owned by LinkedIn which was purchased by Microsoft.   The host/teacher is Mr. Steve Grisetti, the same one that attempted to answer your post here. 

The "problem" is not Premier Elements.  It is changing software after learning workflows.   I started learning Premier Elements six versions ago.  I've not found anything it won't do and do well for me.   Twice I've been lured to tried other NLEs.  Frustration mounted as I tried to do things with techniques outside my habitual workflow.  

Stick with what you know and like.  Don't change without significant reasons to do so!

Good luck and enjoy making videos!

Bill

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Fantastic thank you. If only adobe had this in their help section I think it would save a lot of people a huge amount of frustration. I have already deleted the program and am using Corel where it seems you don't have to go hunting to find the answers on how to do things.

i will see how I get on and might give it another go.

thanks again.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

You are welcome!  Thank you for marking my suggestion "Correct".  I get points for that!!

If you do continue with Premiere Elements, perhaps you'd like a copy of the "official" instruction manual:  https://helpx.adobe.com/pdf/premiere-elements_reference.pdf   I think it is nearly 300 pages. 

The single thing that got me to Premiere Elements a few years ago was the discovery of Linda.com courses.  I now get access for free through my local public library.  When I decided to learn video editing I struggled for months.  The Premiere Elements course at Linda.com was the first well organized and clear visually oriented learning method I found.  At the time, I paid $25 for a month of access.   Within two weeks I went from hopelessly confused to comfortable understanding. 

I have no idea about anything Corel makes.  They've been around since they invented Word Perfect only to have the market stolen by Microsoft with Word.

Curiosity drives me to ask the question....   What or why did you decide to try something different from what you report works well for you?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I answered more questions than you asked, of course, Billy. But I wish you the best in finding a product that meets your needs.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines