Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Advanced action for quiz results doesn't work when published in html5

New Here ,
May 28, 2017 May 28, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Maybe you can help me with the following problem:

I have an advanced action for a quiz result: If the users fail the test for the first and second time, they are informed that they didn't pass and that they can restart the test. However, if the users fail for the third time, it is not possible to start the test again. Instead, a message (FB_Fail_3) is shown, that the user should attend a face to face instruction.

The advanced action works fine, when published in swf.

Unfortunately when published in html5 the messages and the restart test button do not appear.

Advanced Action 1.pngAdvanced Action 2.pngAdvanced Action 3.pngAdvanced Action 4.png

What's wrong?

We're still using Captivate 8 in our company. I've downloades the trial version for captivate 2017, which didn't help with the problem.

Thanks for your help!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Which event do you use to trigger the action? What are the Quiz Preferences, for Pass/Fail? Why do you not use the default functionality of the score slide?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The action is triggered when the user answers seven test questions. He has to answer 70% of the questions correctly to pass the test.
I didn't do the programming, that was my predecessor. I have no idea, why he did it that way.

Is there another way to have the same thing?

The user can try three times. If he answers correctly, a message is shown, that he passed the test. A button "OK" shows. By clicking on "OK" he can finish the training which is recorded in the LMS.

If he fails for the first and second time, a message is shown, that he didn't pass but he can restart the test by cklicking on the then showing button "Restart test".

If he fails for the third time, a message is shown, that unfortunately he failed again und can't do the test again.

quiz preferences.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

quiz preferences 2.pngquiz preferences 3.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sorry, that doesn't answer my question "Which event is triggering that action"? Is it attached to a slide On Enter event (score slide maybe)? I see 3 attempts on quiz level, no Retake button on the score slide which means the score slide is visited which will automatically reset the answers as long as the Quiz attempts are not exhausted. It is the Retake button on the score slide that will normally send the user back to the first question, and reset all answers. The label on that Retake button could have been changed, which would have eliminated the necessity to have another shape button to hide/show on the score slide. S

Check the Usage button in the Advanced Actions dialog box to see how the action is triggered.

You say that you use CP8 but all  screenshots are from CP2017.

Advanced Actions Dialog box in Captivate 2017 - Captivate blog

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sorry, the action is triggerd on enter of the scoreslide. The user enters the score slide after having answered the last of seven test questions.

The file was created with CP8. I downloaded the trial version of CP2017 to see if the problem would still be there and to have an Englisch Captivate version to know the English commands of the advanced actions so I could post my question in this forum. (I'm German.)

"The label on that Retake button could have been changed, which would have eliminated the necessity to have another shape button to hide/show on the score slide." If that is the case, what do I have to do?

I wonder, why this problem occurs when published into html5 only but not for swf publishing?

Thank you very much for your answers!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

To really test the HTML5 version, can you try to upload to SCORM Cloud, please?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Well, I have to ask my boss first.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 30, 2017 May 30, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi again,

unfortunately I'm not allowed to upload the file.
Is ther another way to sort out the problem?
Thanks a lot for your support anyway!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Maybe there is another way, i.e. another advanced action which delivers the same results?

-> If user fails for the first and second time he can restart the test.
-> If user fails for the third time, he can't restart the test. A message appears, that he should contact his advisor.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That was the most efficient and safe way (no one has access if you don't want) to test if the problem is due to te setup in Captivate or due to the LMS.  Sorry, some 'bosses' really are .....

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That means?
Is there going to be another solution?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm sorry. If you cannot use the work flows offered by Captivate, will leave you to other users.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 31, 2017 May 31, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you could answer my last question to this problem that would be great:

Maybe there is another way, i.e. another advanced action which leeds to the same result?

-> If user fails for the first and second time he can restart the test by cklicking on the restart button.
-> If user fails for the third time, he can't restart the test. No restart button shows. Instead aA message appears, that he should contact his advisor.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Another question: Why is it, that the advanced action obviously works fine whenn published to swf but doesn't work when published to html5?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Show the Retake button in Quiz Preferences. The button will automatically disappear when cpQuizInfoAttempts has reached its maximum. If you allow Review, only the Review button will be visible (with the Continue button) and all answers will e locked.

You can use the on Enter event of the score slide to show a previously hidden text container using that system variable cpQuizInfoAttempts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Help resources