3 Replies Latest reply on Jul 3, 2015 8:53 AM by baconbutty

Cannot export Quicktime movie

bcovalt Level 1
      When I try to export a Quicktime movie from the Export>Export Movie, I get this error message:

Error creating Flash movie file.
      Be sure the destination file is not locked or on a locked drive. Also, check that the file name is not too long.

A few things I've tested:
      • Saving to different drives - all of which are not locked.
      • changing the file name to one single word followed by .mov
      • saving the flash file as a new file and trying again
      • opening the file on a different machine and exporting

None of these have fixed the problem. Every time I get the same error.
      I've been able to export swf movies and also JPEG sequences, but I'd much rather be able to export the Quicktime movie since I need to bring this into FCP and the Flash movie has sound in it as well, so with the JPEG sequence I'd have to lay in the audio again.

Any ideas? Is this a... BUG?!

Thanks for any help!

• 1. Cannot export Quicktime movie
          Zatechz
          I normally see that error when exporting and there is already a preview of the same file open somewhere, or, a loaded element is open somewhere. I guess make sure that the only thing open is the .fla your exporting from, and then try it.

If that's not it, I've no idea :/
          • 2. Re: Cannot export Quicktime movie
            ratsurfer Level 1

I had the same problem and figured it out. I had a FLA from the office and took it home to work on. At the office I was exporting to a folder on the staging server and had my SWF and HTML Publish settings set up that way. At home I tried to export the same FLA to quicktime (along came the aforementioned error). I made a folder on my local drive, set my publish settings for my SWF and HTML to export there, published, and low and behold, I was able to export to Quicktime. Problem solved.

1 person found this helpful
            • 3. Re: Cannot export Quicktime movie
              baconbutty Level 1

I had the same issue - but solved it!

I even restarted my mac when i got the 'Be sure the destination file is not locked or on a locked drive. Also, check that the file name is not too long. '

error and still got the error

My solution:

I re-saved the FLA file published SWF then exported the MOV... must be a bug somewhere!

1 person found this helpful