Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Develop - can only see .cr2 and no -edit copies

New Here ,
May 28, 2017 May 28, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

I upgraded CC and open photos in PS from LR to edit. Normally the .edit images are next to the original but now they do not appear there. In the folder they are there but I can't find them in Lightroom. Help please!

Sidenote - I have always started my .edits with 3 stars after opening in PS so I know which ones they are. At the moment it is starring the original not the edited images. Anyone know why?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

emilyl44456561  wrote

Hi,

I upgraded CC and open photos in PS from LR to edit. Normally the .edit images are next to the original but now they do not appear there. In the folder they are there but I can't find them in Lightroom. Help please!

Sidenote - I have always started my .edits with 3 stars after opening in PS so I know which ones they are. At the moment it is starring the original not the edited images. Anyone know why?

Perhaps you have accidentally change the sorting order. Use View->Sort->Capture Time

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That didn't work

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I just started to edit another session. When I open the images in photoshop then go straight to lightroom there is no .edit's showing at all just the .cr2

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

emilyl44456561  wrote

I just started to edit another session. When I open the images in photoshop then go straight to lightroom there is no .edit's showing at all just the .cr2

Details, please? What does it mean "then go straight to Lightroom"? Give us the step by step of what you are doing. Leave nothing out.

Also, make sure you haven't accidentally stacked the -edit files somehow; in Lightroom, use Photo->Stacking->Expand All Stacks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for you help. I have tried unstacking too

LR image

- right click, edit in PS, opens the image in PS

Go back to LR program

- the .cr2 image I opened in LR is highlighted but there is no .edit

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This started after I updated the CC

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Since I don't want to assume anything, it sounds as if you are saying that you did no editing in Photoshop. Is that correct? It also seems, from reading your words, that you did not do a Save when you were in Photoshop. Is that correct?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ok! So I pressed save and they have appeared in LR. CC  has obviously updated that aspect. The image was automatically in LR before!

So going from now on should be fine. However, my last session's PS edited images (from LR) are not in LR but is in the original folder on the desktop. It won't let me import them. How do I make them appear?

Thank you!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Now you have to go through and select them to rate them as edited images whereas before LR automatically had them selected so you could rate all at once

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

If your operating system shows the -edit photos in the proper folder, and LR does not let you import them, then the photos are in Lightroom. You have to find them. Use the Filter Bar, click on Text, set the dropdown to File Name and type in Edit. If that doesn't find them, then somehow the files have been moved to a different folder. Let me know what happens.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines