Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Play doesn't work in Timeline- Premiere Elements 15

May 29, 2017 May 29, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I just installed Premiere Elements 15 and the play button in the timeline doesn't work.  It plays the video for about 1-5 milliseconds and stops.  I can hear choppy audio when it plays.  I can drag the cursor across the timeline and the frames do show and the audio also plays (v choppy due to manual movement).  The media is mp4.

The same thing happens if I just have pictures in the timeline (without sound).

I'm on Windows 7 with a Intel i7 2.7 GHz, 32 GB Ram, 64 bit. 

Video card NVIDIA Quadro M3000M, and NVIDIA High Def audio card; they are both updated drivers. Symantec is the antivirus running.

I also have AVS video editor program loaded on this PC and it works fine when i run the same videos on it.  I don't have AVS and Premiere running at the same time.

thanks,

Adrian.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , May 30, 2017 May 30, 2017

Please get to the following folder and rename 15.0 to 15.0_old:

C:\Users\*user name*\AppData\Roaming\Adobe\Premiere Elements

If the issue persists kindly get in touch with our chat support using following link:

support

Thanks and regards

Votes

Translate

Translate

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I also tried Rendering, but that doesn't help.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

.MP4 is a "container".  It can have a wide variety of codecs and variations. 

What is the source of your clips?  Can you use MediaInfo and post the description in the Tree view?

My first guess is that whatever your source, it is recording in a variable frame rate.

Bill

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

One video was taken on a Priv Blackberry, but i also tried from a Sony camcorder, and like i said it doesn't play even simple pictures on the timeline.

It plays fine with VLC once I export from Premier (HD 720).  It just doesn't play in the timeline so i can check while i'm editing.

From Mediainfo:

(1) the Blackberry video is:

General: Codec ID is mp42, overall bit rate: Variable, Overal bit rate 9 213 kb/s,

Video: Format AVC, Frame rate: Constant, Frame rate 24.000FPS,

(2) the Sony Camcorder is:

General: MP4, CodecID M4V, Overall bit rate 3 463kb/s

Video: Format: AVC, Frame rate: Constant 30 FPS,

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
May 30, 2017 May 30, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

If none of the media play after importing to Premiere Elements editor please try the following:

• Click on edit> preferences and get to Audio hardware (you may get an error while getting to audio hardware, if you do click on Okay and get to audio hardware window.)
  • Here, set default input to 'No input' and check if the correct speakers are listed under Default Output.
  • Click Okay to close preferences tab and check if the video plays.

Such issues may occur due to incorrect hardware settings in preferences.

Hope it helps

Thanks and regards

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Did what you said with no errors but it didn't help.

Also changed Audio Class from MME to ASIO but didn't help either.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Please get to the following folder and rename 15.0 to 15.0_old:

C:\Users\*user name*\AppData\Roaming\Adobe\Premiere Elements

If the issue persists kindly get in touch with our chat support using following link:

support

Thanks and regards

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Now it plays ok.

But now when I add markers (4 key frame points (?) ) to the audio line and lower the volume of a section, and when I play that section , the program crashes immediately,  without warning.  I did it a few times and it's very repeatable.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
May 31, 2017 May 31, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

Please check if the clip(s) you are using in the project are in .mts format. If they are, try to convert them to a different format say .mp4 or .mov and check if you still experience crash.

To try this you may download/ install Handbrake which is a video converter program.

Thanks and regards

Ajay

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 09, 2018 Jul 09, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

My play button stopped working. It had been fine for weeks, then an hour ago, it wouldn't work on any projects that previously worked. I tried a few different things to fix it. Eventually I got it working again. Here are the things I did. I don't know which one fixed the problem. 1) I opened up an earlier version of Premiere Elements and played something there. Then when I reopened 2018, the first project I opened worked again. 2) I also shortened my project file name, which was getting ludicrously long. 3) I pressed the rendering button. Collectively, those things fixed the problem. Hope that helps!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines