4 Replies Latest reply on Nov 27, 2009 12:09 PM by davidharris_uk

dreamweaver extension problem

bobathom
      Hello all
      im little newbie in develop Adobe Air Application,
      i downloaded Dreamweaver CS3 trial and Adobe Air Extension for dreamweaver
      i install all with success
      now, i try to use the Air Application Setting with a sample, but i can't access the configuration panel, always i have this message :
      Title of the msg box :
      "Adobe Air Extension for Dreamweaver"
      "Java Runtime Environnment (JRE) version 1.4 or higher is required in order to create the AIR file. Please install it and run the command again."

the problem, i already have installed the JRE (i use actually the 1.6.0_07), i try a lot of things (like, re-install jre, dreamweaver, air extension, download again, re-install).. but cannot use the Air setting..

config :
      windows xp sp2
      P4 3.2 Ghz
      4 Go ram

Someone have an idea about this problem ?
      thanks in advance
      best regards
        • 1. Re: dreamweaver extension problem
          bobathom Level 1
          Thanks for your reply..
          but.. it's not help me very well :o)
          too long to explain ? can you give some direction to explore?
          • 2. Re: dreamweaver extension problem
            bobathom Level 1
            hello,
            nobody can help ?
            in addition to the problem, i look around the dreamweaver config
            i find the error msg come from the file "AIRSettings.js", it's appear the var jreversionObj cannot retrieve the good version of jre who is installed on my os ..
            i do not understand why .. so i comment the line who check this.. and at last, i can acceed to the AIR panel settings in dreamweaver CS3,

but now, when i try to compile my Air app.. i have the msg where i have to make a certificat,
            i try it, but have an error msg say "Error creating the digital certificate file. An error log was created"
            and in the AIR error log file : i have some unknow caracters in file like "Y" with 2 point on it..
            any advice to solve this ?
            thanks in advance (and sorry for my english :o)
            • 3. Re: dreamweaver extension problem
              ShaunDGibson

Okay I had the same problem but here is what I found to be the problem and solution (hopefully)

I am running a 64-Bit OS so I installed the 64-Bit Java client, the issue is that Dreamweaver is checking for the 32-bit Java App... so I installed the 32-bit Java install (you can have them both on your system) and everything began working correctly

Hope this helps

• 4. Re: dreamweaver extension problem
                davidharris_uk

I also have this problem but I havent been able to find a 32 bit java to install & dont know how to configure things so Dreamweaver pics up the right version. Might be nice for Adobe to fix the original problem.