This content has been marked as final. Show 7 replies
Yes, I selected text. It's like my projects have just suddenly lost the hotspot capability. Weird.
Since I'm having this error with both of my existing projects (which have had no drop-down hotspot problems until now), I created a new project altogether. The drop-downs work fine in the new project, which just defaults to whatever a new project defaults to.
I don't understand what you mean by "nominating a different layout" to the existing projects. Can you clarify? Because I still don't understand what suddenly changed in my existing projects that made them stop supporting the drop-downs.
If you examine the Single Source Layouts pod you will see several layouts. I'm suggesting you right-click any other layout and choose the option labeled "Set as primary layout". So try that and see if it changes anything. Alternatively, you may wish to try creating a totally new layout. To do this, you right-click and choose the option labeled "New Layout...".
Hopefully this was helpful... Rick
I've had problems with the options being greyed out if I select an entire paragraph, including the (usually hidden) paragraph mark. Mostly that only happens on bulleted or numbered paragraphs thought. Selecting the text without the paragraph re-enables the drop-down options.
Just thought I'd throw that in as an idea, just in case.
Well, as it turns out, I think Amebr is on to something. There was some unexpected tagging when I finally decided to review the HTML code.
The text I was working with was a table of drop-downs that I had copied from another topic. I deleted all but one of the drop-downs, filling the remaining one with new text. Then I added additional, new drop-downs. But as I examined the HTML code later (finally), I noticed, for example, that there was a dropdown hotspot tag where there should not have been one. I'm not sure if it was embedded or what. And even after I removed this extra tagging, there were still some problems. (And yes, Amebr, some of the text included bulleted and numbered lists.)
I eventually just scrapped all of the copied text, keeping only the table framework, and typed in everything from scratch. The problem resolved.
Thanks to all for your help.